Over 15 years of experience and increasing responsibilities in strategic planning; social policy; program development; community partnerships; monitoring and evaluation, inter-agency coordination and project management. Systems thinker with excellent results-orientation, team leadership and stakeholder engagement skills. Have introduced such innovations as:
• Conceptualized framework to represent and explain Calgary Police Service’s approach to crime prevention and reduction for recruit training and community services programming.
• Designed and implemented critical assessment of community initiatives resulting in mandate changes and staff realignment in line with demands on the Service and focus on efficiencies.
• Transformed project management and governance processes with local and international partners that filled capacity gaps in poverty monitoring and policy development in the Support to Poverty Assessment and Reduction in the Caribbean (SPARC) Program.
• Applied a multi-sectoral approach to a National Youth Policy process in Jamaica, which was recognized as a national best practice by the Government of Jamaica and received an international award.
• Established sustained partnerships with USAID, UNICEF, and the World Bank and mobilized resources of about US$5 million for youth programming in Jamaica, including the first National Youth Parliament.
• Assessed the challenges faced by vulnerable families and conceptualized a framework for program development and service delivery for the first National Parenting Policy in Jamaica.
anti-poverty / social justice
architecture / design
monitoring / evaluation
british virgin islands
Interested in learning more about this Devex member?
With a Recruitment Account, you can view the full profile & CV for this member and other professionals around the world. Click here to know more!
Already a member? Just sign in.
Orjoin to message other community members on Devex.