• 15 years of combined development in international development with UN, World Bank and international consulting firms and in journalism.
• 2.5 years of experience in project management, proposal writing and training practitioners on livelihood recovery in crisis and stressed environments. Served as Associate Director with ACDI/VOCA, a Washington DC development consulting firm, and more recently, designed and facilitated workshop on sustainability, livelihood and economic recovery and climate change adaptation for disaster management specialists in Asia Pacific Region with UNDP India.
• 5 years of experience working, reporting and writing on the Millennium Development Goals and Post-2015 Development Agenda. Served UNDP India as National Coordinator of UN Millennium Campaign in India. Acquired strong grasp of MDG implementation challenges at local level, advocated for accelerated MDG achievement and supervised a MDG-based accountability mechanism in rural India for citizens living below poverty line.
• 4.5 years of consulting experience with the World Bank Group help build human capital and institutional capacities in transition countries of Eastern Europe, Balkans, Baltics, Central Asia and emerging countries in South Asia.
• 4 years of experience as a journalist, reported widely in India on contemporary development challenges including maternal and child mortality, child rights, HIV/AIDs, internal displacement, environment refugees, human rights and public health. News articles and multimedia work have appeared in leading Indian and international newspapers and magazines, in print and online.
• Authored/co-authored/edited publications:
1. Lead Author and Team Coordinator of a UN WOMEN report, ”Hearts & Minds: Women of India Speak – Shaping the post-2015 agenda and discourse” – the report examines key development challenges faced by women in rural India and draws out strong linkages between poverty, destitution, hunger, water and sanitation, gender-based violence, unemployment, illiteracy, climate change impact lack of health services, roads and infrastructure, HIV/AIDs, other diseases and disability. It also has 20 case studies highlighting each major challenge through the lived realities of the women.
2. Edited and coordinated report titled, “Shaping our shared future beyond 2015: Perspectives from the Global South” on post-2015 agenda for a leading Indian civil society coalition, WNTA, mandated to hold government accountable on MDGs and SDGs.
3. Co-authored a report on human trafficking and slavery for Thomson Reuters Foundation titled, “Putting Justice First: Legal Strategies to combat human trafficking and slavery.” The report was aimed at examining how to improve legal outcomes for victims of trafficking and slavery in India.
- M.S. (Journalism) - Columbia University
-M.A. (International Affairs) - School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University