Highly dedicated and resourceful Department Director / Project Manager - INGO with significant experience of over 40 years of extensive experience with large INGO's throughout the globe. Experience in all aspects of non-profit fundraising and a proven record of fostering organizational growth. Adept at effective management of a large staff. An articulate speaker and savvy strategist with experience leveraging an in-depth understanding of communication with mixed cultured audiences to influence stakeholders/donors and translate ideas into results. Excel at aligning and managing resources to jumpstart and seamlessly execute multi-million dollar projects.
A result-driven and compassionate professional seeking a nonprofit director position with an organization inclined towards the growth and development of the community.
• Strategic Planning: Promote and develop creative and strategic plans that include unique ideas/programs that are in-line with brand business strategy, objectives, and desired results.
• Project management: Directs the creative program and strives for excellence in everything, manage projects over $250 million, from concept completion/implementation of projects and accounting of all resources distribution, set-up operation, resourcing, and monitor the movement of food and NFI from ports to destinations.
• Operations Management: Ensure smooth operations by creating work schedules for all projects complete with timelines, budgets, and specification guidelines for implementation and installation of proper systems.
• Contract Negotiation: Negotiate projects with donors, stakeholders, documenting the project needs, and budgeting.
• Initiating new programs: Oversaw operation on a day-to-day basis coordinating fund-raisers and developing and implementing new programs.
• P&L Management: Set up the company's overall strategy and take full responsibility for P&L and business performance.
• Budget Planning & Forecasting: Participates in the planning of the project expense and capital budget and strategic initiatives. Also ensure sufficient resources, inventory & Cost control, improving organizational effectiveness, and productivity.
• Performance Management: Analyzed operations, project and implementation performance, and workflow processes; conceived and initiated new management and operational systems that improved fundamentals, performance measurements, and job satisfaction.
• Relationship Building: Establish credibility and a strong partnership with all stakeholders, international donors, community groups, and country program leaders.
• Liaison: Active liaising with Government officials (i.e. Ministries like Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Finance).
• Clear Communication: Maintains effective communication and cross-collaboration throughout the organization to make sure all stakeholders communicate a common goal. I also communicate and interact effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Initiating Campaigns: Orchestrated successful promotional campaigns, including a special offer that penetrate territory.
• Team Player: Led a team of 150+ professionals including (Operations, Services, Logistics, and HR & Administration & Accounts, etc.) to improve the quality of service and increase performance.
• Account Management: Oversee key accounts like banks, large corporate & Multi-donor INGOs through the Key Account Manager's to drive desired outputs.
• Resource Management: Understand the regional/market regulatory requirements for the organization to ensure all end-to-end supply needs are compliant. Managed activities of resource management worth $100 million.
• Project Review & Reporting: Report and discuss project progress with staff and troubleshoot and resolve any issues/problems impeding smooth workflow and project deadlines.
• Hiring & Mentoring: Analyzes staffing and hiring forecast in full participation with the resource management team.
• Training & Development: Develop and coach team members into effective performers. Created content and agenda, orchestrated logistics, and facilitated the training.
• Customer Satisfaction: To ensure ongoing and consistent customer satisfaction through effective and efficient responses to customer inquiries, issues, problems.
• Achieved system formulation and managed various donors all over the globe which include the UN, US Government, DFID, EU, Taiwan, German Government funding, etc.,
• Traveled to more than 50 countries to support and plan the implementation of food assistance projects. The countries include DPRK and Afghanistan.
• Gained successful accomplishments in setting up mutually beneficial food assistance programs between countries and donors with agreement value ranging from $200 million to $250 million.
• In my current job, I have received the best employee award three times and other awards for the work for the country.
• Achieved more than 8 promotions in my entire professional career for my exceptional work performance and amicable personality.
• Independently managed a camp office having more than 40 staff for the relief and rehabilitation in the state of Orissa. Managed resources of more than $20 million.