Gul Saleh is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and an executive level civil engineer with a Ph.D. in Urban Planning and Design with more than 34 years of professional experience. For the last 4 years he has provided new business development consultancy services to various US companies and has worked in quality assurance of construction projects in the United States. Before 2014 he has developed and managed donor funded projects in Afghanistan including for USAID as a Direct Hire employee for 11 years; the United Nations World Food Program and the Drug Control Program for five years, and for the Pamir Reconstruction Bureau, an Afghan NGO, for five years. Additionally, for the Afghan Government he served as a project manager, design and construction engineer for 10 years.
During Dr. Saleh’s 11 years with USAID/Kabul (2003 – 2014) his major accomplishments included:
• Served as Activity Manager and CTO (Project/Program Manager) for one or more major infrastructure projects or activities with funding levels ranging from $50 million in the case of new Health Clinic construction to almost $300 million in the case of the secondary roads reconstruction program;
• Provided support to the USAID Mission and U.S. Embassy in the tracking of implementation and the identification and resolution of constantly changing variety of problems and institutional issues that impacted implementation efforts negatively and positively;
• Served as the principal contact USAID’s Office of Economic Growth and Infrastructure at high policy and operational levels of the Afghan government , financial institutions, business associations and NGO communities;
• Played an active role in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Mission's growing and evolving infrastructure program; and
• Interacted with bureaus and offices within USAID and other donors and agencies such as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the U.S. Geological Survey.
Dr. Saleh has a Ph.D. in Urban Planning and Design and a MSc. in Construction of Civil and Industrial Buildings. He is fluent in English, Dari/Farsi, and Pashto and has basic Russian. Dr. Saleh has worked and/or studied in 10 countries, including Afghanistan, USA, Pakistan, Japan, Egypt, UAE, Thailand, India, South Africa, and Germany.
monitoring / evaluation
Interested in learning more about this Devex member?
With a Recruitment Account, you can view the full profile & CV for this member and other professionals around the world. Click here to know more!
Already a member? Just sign in.
Orjoin to message other community members on Devex.