Mr Gokberk Celik is a Senior Expert specialised in programming, financing, procurement and project management of EU funded projects in public sector particularly in the transport field. He has a unique multi-disciplinary (i.e. economics and European studies) academic background (up to postgraduate Master of Arts). Excellent spoken and written English (Over 10 years of work experience in English speaking environments). Fully computer literate (MS Office applications).
His extensive professional experience covers working at the Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Transport and Undersecretariat of Treasury in Turkey as civil servant with line functions over 13 years having 11 years of it build on EU funded programmes essentially as an EU Expert.
Throughout his professional life, he has conducted project management, programming, monitoring and evaluation through project cycle management, preparation and evaluation of project proposals, preparation of terms of reference and contract dossiers in line with FIDIC Red & Yellow Books and European Commission PRAG guidelines, tender evaluation and management of procurement procedures, financial management, expenditure verification and evaluation of cost-benefit analyses.
He has successfully managed the biggest EU funded works contract ever signed out of its borders with a budget of €265 million in 2015 as the secretary of the evaluation committee-“Modernisation of Samsun-Kalin Railway Line” (€259 million) and “Supervision for the Modernisation of Samsun-Kalın Railway Line” (€6 million) projects. In addition to these accomplishments, he has also finalized the procurement procedures of the EU funded project for the preparation of the first Transport Master Plan of Turkey-“National Transport Master Plan for the Republic of Turkey (€7.5 million) in 2015.
Proven experience as, programming expert, financial management and control expert, procurement expert and project manager in a dozen of complex EU funded projects, e.g.:
Programming, monitoring and evaluation expert in;
• Construction of Kapıkule-Halkalı Railway (€159.1 million);
• Port of Çandarlı (North Aegean Sea Port) (€17.1 million);
• Construction of Mersin Container Port (€370 million);
• Construction of Filyos Container Port (€346million);
Finance management in;
• Promoting Youth Employment (€21 million);
• Promoting Life Long Learning (€5 million);
• Promoting Women Employment (€13.7 million);
• Promoting Registered Employment (€11.9 million);
• Istanbul 2010-Capital of Culture Civil Society Dialogue Programme (€1.6 million);
• Rehabilitation and Signalization of Irmak-Karabük-Zonguldak Railway (IKZ) Line (€220 million);
• Rehabilitation and Reconstruction of Köseköy-Gebze Section of the Ankara-İstanbul High Speed Train Project (KGR) (€201 million);
• Supervision for Rehabilitation and Signalisation of IKZ Railway Line (€8.3 million);
• Supervision for Rehabilitation and Reconstruction of KGR Project (€11 million);
• Technical Assistance for Strengthening the Capacities of MoT IPA Unit (€7.5 million);
• Technical Assistance for Information and Publicity Activities Project (€1.9 million);
Procurement management in;
• Modernisation of Samsun-Kalin Railway Line (€259 million);
• Supervision of Modernisation of Samsun-Kalın Railway Line (€6 million);
• National Transport Master Plan for the Republic of Turkey (€7.5 million);
Contract management in;
• Technical Assistance for Information and Publicity Activities-II (€0.914);
• Technical Assistance for Strengthening the Capacity of MoTMC EUID & End-Recipients-II (€1.2 million).
Considerable experience more than 10 years in EU Project Cycle Management (PCM) process. Extensive experience in the area of EU procurement policies, preparation of planning/programming and project documents, including terms of reference and tender dossiers, project/programme implementation, and monitoring & evaluation as programming, monitoring, evaluation, procurement and contract manager at the Ministry of Transport. More specifically, experience on the financial regulation and rules of EC and other major International Financing Institutions gained in particular as finance manager at the Undersecretariat of Treasury, Central Finance and Contracts Unit and the Ministry of Transport, Turkey.