I am a medical practitioner with more than a decade experience spanning private, tertiary, community and global healthcare settings. I am also a public health consultant with expertise in International health operations, Incident management systems, infection prevention and control, healthcare epidemiology and health system strengthening and wide experience in private, public tertiary practice, post-conflict, epidemic and non-epidemic health systems strengthening and capacity building. I have competences in Leadership, team building, capacity development, training and mentorship, hospital management and a remarkable ability for innovative and out of the box thinking with a passionate demonstrable ability to engage on new challenges and to deliver.
• Triggered and coordinated the deployment of WHO Incident Management systems to response to multiple outbreaks in a region with multiple health and humanitarian vulnerabilities in the Horn of Africa.
• Oversee the management of WHO operations and technical teams and experts to ensure the successful containment of cholera (AWD) protracted outbreak in Somali Region of Ethiopia.
• Coordinated the development of flood response plan and rapid deployment of response teams to flood affected victims in Somali Region of Ethiopia.
• Coordinated the deployment of response team for health and nutrition intervention in vulnerable populations and IDPs (drought and conflict) in Somali Region which has more than deployment of rapid response and intervention.
• Managed grant of 1.2m USD for deployment of humanitarian and health response interventions in Ethiopia-Somali Region. The outbreak was successfully contained.
• Training and capacity building of health workers for Infection Prevention and Case management for Acute Watery Diarrhoea (Cholera) in Ethiopia-Somali Region.
• Capacity building and training of 1000 health workers in Western Liberia in Infection prevention and control (IPC) and quality health services delivery during the Ebola Outbreak.
• Capacity building and development of rapid response team for disaster and epidemic preparedness and response to effectively respond to early triggers for Ebola in Western Liberia.
• Conceptualized and deployed innovative IPC/surveillance systems that help prevented cross border transmission in Western Liberia during the recent Ebola Outbreak in Liberia.
• More than 10 years' experience in implementing hospital and regional infection control activities in Nigeria and other West African countries.
• Resource person for SQHN Society for Quality in HealthCare in Nigeria (SQHN) National seminar on Ebola to provide training on PPEs.
monitoring / evaluation
Interested in learning more about this Devex member?
With a Recruitment Account, you can view the full profile & CV for this member and other professionals around the world. Click here to know more!
Already a member? Just sign in.
Orjoin to message other community members on Devex.