I would like to begin by stating that I’m currently working for Ministry of Health as Provincial Health Planner (Principal Planner) at Muchinga Provincial Health Office. My current job purpose is to undertake effectively the preparation, development and consolidation of health plans, Budgets and FAMS (Financial Accounting and Management Systems) programmes in order to facilitate the smooth operation of the Provincial Medical Office. That involves undertaking
• Effectively, the development and consolidation of health plans in order to guide service provision at the Province
• Timely, budget consolidation for the province in order to facilitate mobilization of financial and other material resources.
• Effectively, utilization of FAMS in order to ensure correct utilization of resources. (Resource Tracking)
• Efficiently, updating of the data base in order to facilitate accessibility and flow of information
• Effectively monitoring and evaluation of programs in order to facilitate appropriate interventions
• Effectively , research on planning , budgeting and FAMS programmes in order to generate information
I have also been in the formulation of the National Health Strategic Plan 2011-2015 and National Health Policy, Sixth National Development Plan etc) for the health sector in Zambia, Formulation of the sixth edition of the Planning Handbooks for Ministry of Health and believe that this experience will help me make a valuable contribution to this organization attached to Health. I therefore believe that my experience also provides me with an opportunity to engage with the policy-makers and professionals in international health.
My ten (10) years of work also equips me with necessary skills and knowledge required to perform efficiently and effectively at not just my place of work but also in the corporate world and that my planning and organizational skills will improve with enhanced practical and theoretical skills.
I did my primary, secondary and tertiary education in Zambia. All my education where done in government schools. I managed to pass my both my primary and secondary education and was accepted to go to the University of Zambia where I graduated with a Bachelors of Arts degree in Development Studies (Major) and Economics (minor). I graduated from the University of Zambia in 2006 and worked in a number of projects, did part time lecturing in research methods in social work at one college and joined the Ministry of Health as Provincial Planner in 2009, Senior Planner and now Principal Planner at Muchinga Provincial Health Office
I looked forward to making a contribution to the health care system in
Interested in learning more about this Devex member?
With a Recruitment Account, you can view the full profile & CV for this member and other professionals around the world. Click here to know more!
Already a member? Just sign in.
Orjoin to message other community members on Devex.