• A proactive leader and planner with exposure in labor welfare in the gulf region, its various
dimensions from the perspective of migration - in charge for the planning, delivery and
management of welfare services to the expatriate population from regions such as Asia and
• Ability to generate insights through liaison and continuous interaction with the Government,
Aid agencies and other NGO officials as part of the program & project implementation process
• Knowledgeable about the human rights and labor laws in the gulf region
• Travelled extensively within India and abroad (UK, Africa and Gulf) on field research
• Conducted over 1200 counselling sessions (1-1) and FGDs (Focus Group Discussions) in Gulf (UAE
& Qatar) with workers from India, Nepal, Pakistan, Kenya, Ethiopia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka,
Philippines and Egypt
• Well versed in labor inspections at work sites & camps
• Submitted several in house research papers on labor welfare in the gulf and other related
topics towards policy considerations and program development
• Involved in policy preparation in areas such as community health and labor welfare at the
• Project management and field research in areas such as community health and micro finance & micro enterprise in southern region of India (worked with field level NGOs)
• Involved in national health research study in southern India covering three states of India
(specialized in research techniques at the community level)
• Attended training programs both at the national and at the international level in areas such as
community heath, micro finance, corporate social responsibility and labor welfare
• Coordinated community development work through network of NGOs at the local level in
southern India (Tamilnadu, India)
• Underwent several mid- career course in development management and also participated in
• Participated in the field research on assessing the level "awareness of human rights and the
legal provisions in Ghana, West Africa with specific focus on Cape Coast region‟ as a an
• Worked with the social care sector in the UK as an International volunteer where by gained the
experience and understanding the National Health System (NHS) of UK
research & development
anti-poverty / social justice
Interested in learning more about this Devex member?
With a Recruitment Account, you can view the full profile & CV for this member and other professionals around the world. Click here to know more!
Already a member? Just sign in.
Orjoin to message other community members on Devex.