Provide leadership to agriculture, protein and food Industry companies. Demonstrated success in leveraging business, operations and financial experience to lead the transformation of companies faced with the challenges associated with growth, scaling up operations and turnaround environments in family-owned, private equity, public and international companies.
Specific Industry Experience:
Growing, Sourcing and Processing of Agricultural Products
• Agriculture commodity production including selecting, purchasing, processing, packing,
storing and shipping commodity products from 22 countries to international markets.
• Walnut processing industry. Although they are not Cooperatives, they operate
in a similar manner and have supply contracts with their growers. Majority of sales were to
international customer base.
• Produce sector, including growing and distribution.
• Flower bulb industry.
Vertically Integrated Protein companies
• Fourth largest producer of pork in the U.S., with producers in 6 mid-western state operating
in more than 450 barns and a majority owner of a pork processing facility.
• Processor of seafood products, with locations in Washington and Alaska, operating both
wild catch and aquaculture operations in the USA and Chile.
Food Ingredients and Alcohol Beverage Manufacturer
Experience includes COO/CFO responsibilities: Strategic Planning, M&A, Business Development, Installing KPI management system, Contract Grower/Farmer Relationships, Purchasing, Logistics, Customer Service, HR, IT, Finance, Operational and debt restructuring
I have the ability to provide strategic and tactical insights as agriculture and food production businesses navigate changes in technology and consumer food preferences including the public’s demand related to simpler organic, and fresher unprocessed food, as they move away from the center-of-the-store processed foods.