I am passionate about developing strategic global partnerships, generating innovative business models, and working with program teams worldwide to drive leading edge economic, environmental, and climate initiatives across emerging markets and developing countries.
I integrate professional experience in strategy consulting, corporate finance, and international development:
- As a strategy consultant, I have advised at board, C-suite, and executive levels and led transformation teams at corporate, government, and non-profit clients.
- As a startup advisor in New York City, I also co-founded startups in fintech cloud devops, international commodity trading, and social infrastructure.
- As a program director at an international United Nations partnership in Atlanta, I engaged government, corporate, and civic leaders from 100+ cities worldwide to action the UN Development Goals.
- As a corporate advisor in Johannesburg, I worked on strategic transactions in the airport, energy, mining, oil & gas, telecoms, technology, tourism, and utility sectors across emerging markets.
- As a process engineer, I began my career in state of the art technology operations at a global resources company.
- As a barista, I made great lattes.
- As chairperson of a community foundation and country associate for the Coady International Institute at St. Francis Xavier University, Canada, I developed community, corporate, government, and academic partnerships across South Africa and worked with rural communities.
- As adjunct lecturer, I taught business strategy with the Open University, UK and social entrepreneurship with the Gordon Institute of Business Science, Univ. of Pretoria, SA, and presented research at international conferences in North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa.