Finance & Administration Manager (Long Term Advisor) 2010 - 2013
Coffey International Development. * Papua New Guinea (PNG)
Company Description: Specialist professional services consultancy with expertise in international development.
* Performing management of core support service areas (finance, IT, procurement, travel, logistics,
fleet and administration) to ensure professional delivery of all outputs to officials posted overseas.
* Developing and building the capacity of the local team through the introduction of streamlined
processes and quality-based systems that adhere to standard systems of internal control.
* Spearheading the development of all modules in the computerised financial system and the
further building of efficiency & effectiveness for all financial & administrative processing systems
- classified as outstanding performance in this role using the annual ARF AusAID Advisor
Performance Appraisal in 2012-2013.
* Executing enhancement of existing reporting, forecasting and invoicing systems to further meet
the expectations of our external customers/clients.
Reason for leaving: End of contract.
Finance Delegate (Short Term Missions - Donor Reporting) 2010
Australian Red Cross * Melbourne, Australia
Company Description: The International Red Cross is the largest humanitarian organisation in the world.
* Preparing to audit stage the financial statements for the Solomon Islands Red Cross Society for
financial years 2007, 2008 & 2009 and overseeing the external audit process which involved
reconstruction from source records and significant on-going reconciliation of donor funds/activity.
* Administering essential financial and administrative systems and processes in the local office to
improve internal controls notably in cash and bank management.
Regional Finance & Administration Delegate 2007 - 2010
Irish Red Cross * Dublin, Ireland
* Responsible for the provision of financial, administrative and HR support to the Irish Red Cross
Sri Lanka/Indonesia delegations & support as requested to Africa operations.
* This is a pivotal organisational development and support role to the ongoing post-tsunami
recovery programmes undertaken by the Irish Red Cross in both countries.
* This role also involves significant capacity building of local staff in 'sound' financial and
administrative systems and the provision of functional training to in-country teams.
Reason for leaving: End of contract/missions in country.
Regional Financial Systems Advisor (Project Accountant) 2005 - 2007
Concern Worldwide. * Dublin, Ireland
Company Description: The largest European NGO/Charity fighting world poverty.
* Charged with taking a customised overseas finance system from the suppliers and partnering
with a small team to further evaluate and develop the functionality to meet field requirements.
* Creating and implementing of the financial reporting suite to meet internal and external (donor)
reporting requirements (USAID/OFDA, Irish Aid, DIFD, EU, ECHO & WFP).
* Authoring and designing all training materials and a training programme to ensure a seamless
upgrade from the previous software to the latest version of the system.
* Traveling to concerned areas in Africa and Asia to install the system using a standard project
Reason for leaving: End of funding for fixed term contract.
Date of Birth: 6 June 1968
Driving Licence: Yes - plus International Driving Permit
Citizenships: British & Australian
German & Spanish (Basic)
Bahasa Indonesia & PNG Tok Pisin (Basic - Pre-Intermediate)
monitoring / evaluation
Interested in learning more about this Devex member?
With a Recruitment Account, you can view the full profile & CV for this member and other professionals around the world. Click here to know more!
Already a member? Just sign in.
Orjoin to message other community members on Devex.