||31 January 2012
||2581 and Grant 0181- NEP (SF): Air Transport Capacity Enhancement Project
|Contract No. and Title
||ICB-02: Supply and Installation of CNS/ATM Equipment at TIA and Lukla Airport
|Deadline for Bid Submission
||26 March 2012, 2:00 p.m.
1. The Government of Nepal has received a loan from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of Air Transport Capacity Enhancement Project. Part of this loan will be used for payments under the Contract named above. Bidding is open to bidders either as single entity or in joint venture from eligible source countries of the ADB.
Eligible bidders must meet the following criteria on a pass/fail basis:
- All pending litigation shall be treated as resolved against the Bidder and so shall in total not represent more than 50 percent of the Bidder’s net worth.
- Bidders’s net worth calculated as the difference between total assets and total liabilities should be positive for each of the last three (3) years.
- Minimum average annual construction turnover of US$ Eight million (US$8.0 million) as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three (3) years.
- Experience under contracts in the role of CNS/ATM contractor, subcontractor or management contractor for at least the last ten (10) years prior to the bid submission deadline.
- Participation as CNS/ATM contractor, subcontractor or management contractor, in at least two (2) contracts within the last ten (10) years, each with a value of at least US$ Four (4) million that have been successfully or are substantially completed and that are similar to the proposed plant and services. Key activities are Tower Consoles Replacement, ATC Automation Installation and VCCS Replacement at an operational airport.
2. Only bids submitted by the deadline specified in the Bid Document are evaluated on a basis of pass/fail in accordance with the evaluation and qualification criteria shown in the Bid Documents.
3. The Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the construction and completion of ICB-02: Supply and Installation of CNS/ATM Equipment at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) and Lukla Airport including VCCS, VHF communications, ATC Automation System, Meteorological equipment and renovation of VFR Room, replacement of ATC consoles of VFR Room, all at TIA and Visual Alignment Guidance System (VAGS) and Abbreviated Precision Approach Path Indicator (A-PAPI) at Lukla airport (“the Facilities”). International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s “Single-Stage: Two-Envelope” Bidding Procedure.
4. To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, bidders should contact:
Attention: Project Director
Number and Street: P.O. Box 284, Sinamangal, Kathmandu, Nepal
Floor/Room Number: TIA Improvement Project Directorate
City / Country: Kathmandu, Nepal
Telephone: +977 - 1 - 446 - 6665
Facsimile number: +977 - 1 - 447 - 7410
Electronic mail address: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
5. To purchase the bidding documents in English, eligible bidders should:
- Write to the address above requesting the bidding documents for ICB-02: Supply and Installation of CNS/ATM Equipment at TIA and Lukla Airport;
- Pay a non-refundable fee of Nepalese Rupee 10,000 (ten thousand) by a bank transfer or deposit to NABIL BANK LTD., Beena Marg, Teendhara, Kathmandu, Nepal, Account No. 0101011713001 of Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal, or cash.
The document may be sent by airmail for overseas delivery and surface mail or courier for local delivery with an additional fee of Nepalese Rupees 8,000 (eight thousand) or equivalent US$. No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
6. Deliver your bid to the address above on or before the deadline: 26 March 2012, 02:00 p.m. together with a Bid Security in the amount as specified in the bidding document.
7. For the purpose of determining the equivalent amount of the required Bid Security in a freely convertible currency, the exchange rates published by Nepal Rastra Bank, Kathmandu prevailing on the date 28 days prior to the deadline for bid submission shall be applied.
8. Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the office mentioned above.
9. The Pre-bid meeting shall be conducted at the time, date and place as indicate below:
Time: 02:00 p.m.
Date: 27 February 2012
Place: Meeting Room, TIA Improvement Project Directorate, Sinamangal, Kathmandu, Nepal
10. When comparing Bids, ADB’s Domestic Preference Scheme will be applied in accordance with the provisions stipulated in the Bidding Document.
The above is a complete copy of the original procurement notice.