OBJECTIVE – RESULTS
The objective of this call for proposals is to select pilot projects that will test some of the possible modules of the future EU Aid Volunteers initiative, contribute to the European Commission’s work on preparing for implementation and allow for a smooth start of the initiative after adoption of the proposed Regulation by the Parliament and the Council.
– To provide opportunities for Europeans to engage as expert volunteers in humanitarian aid and/or civil protection activities outside the EU and to contribute to laying the ground for a network of European volunteers active in this field;
– To add value through volunteering to humanitarian aid and / or civil protection operations in the fields of resilience building, disaster risk reduction,preparedness and preventing, crisis response, post crisis recovery and linking relief, rehabilitation and development (LRRD);
– To strengthen local capacities in third countries in order to support resilience and/or response to crisis.
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects is estimated at EUR 1,200,000.
The maximum grant will be EUR 600,000.
The Commission reserves the right not to distribute all the funds available.
– Applications must be sent no later than the deadline for submitting applications referred to in section 3.
– Applications must be submitted in writing (see section 14), using the application form and/or electronic submission system available athttp://ec.europa.eu/echo/euaidvolunteers/pilot_projects_en.htm.
– Applications must be drafted in English.
Failure to comply with those requirements will lead to the rejection of the application.
The above is a summarized version of the original procurement notice.
Additional information and documents are available for download from the original procurement notice page.