|URBAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (ULGDP) |
|World Bank |
|PROCUREMENT OF VEHICLES (VACUUM TRUCKS/LIQUID WASTE/, ABBATOIR SERVICE TRUCK, SOLID WASTE TRUCK, FIREFIGHTING AND PICK-UP VEHICLES) |
|Credit No. 4456-ET; Project ID No. P101474 |
|IFB No. MWUD/ULGDP/G-02/08 |
|26 February 2009 |
1. The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of Urban Local Government Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under contract for the Supply of Vehicles (Vacuum Trucks/Liquid Waste/, Abattoir Service Truck, Solid Waste Truck, Firefighting and Pick-up Vehicles) for the ULGs, for which this invitation for bids is issued.
2. The Urban Development Capacity Building Office (UDCBO), of the Ministry of Works and Urban Development, now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the supply of the following vehicles.
Lot No. 1
Description of Item: Vacuum Trucks (Liquid Waste)
Lot No. 2
Description of Item: Abattoir Service Trucks
Lot No. 3
Description of Item: Solid Waste Trucks
Lot No. 4
Description of Item: Firefighting Vehicle
Lot No. 5
Description of Item: Pick-up Vehicles
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IDA Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the guidelines. Bidders have the option to Bid for any one or more of the lots. Bids will be evaluated and contracts awarded for each lot taking into account discounts offered, if any, for combined lots in determining the lowest evaluated cost of all lots which will be the bases for award of the contract(s).
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding document at UDCBO, P.O. Box 3040, Tel: 0115 540632/3 or 5540634, Fax no. 0115 540630, E-mail- email@example.com, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Monday to Friday during Office hours (8:30AM-12:30 noon, 1:30PM - 5:30 PM local time).
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of ETB 300 (Three Hundred Ethiopian Birr)or USD 35 (Thirty Five) or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency in the form of cash or cashiers check. The bid document may be mailed to overseas bidders upon transfer of additional fee of Eth. Birr 300 (Three Hundred Ethiopian Birr) or USD 35 (Thirty five).However, The Ministry of Works and Urban Development will not take any responsibility for a late/non delivery of the bidding documents sent by mail. No extension in bid submission date is permitted on this account. Bidders may transfer to our Bank account no.0160101026500, at the National Bank of Ethiopia for account of Urban Development Capacity Building Office.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 2:30 p.m. (local time) on February 26, 2009 and must be accompanied by a bid security of not less than 2% (Two percent) of the total bid value in the form of certified check or Bank Guarantee issued by a
7. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders or their authorized representatives who choose to attend at 2:30 p.m. (local time) on February 26, 2009 in the conference room of the UDCBO.
Urban Development Capacity Building Office.
Attn: Ato Abuye Aneley, Director General.
P.O. Box 3040.
3rd Floor, Ministry of Works and Urban Development Building.
Sudan Street, Near National Bank of Ethiopia.
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Fax No. 011-554-0630.
The above is a complete copy of the original procurement notice.