IFC Global Trade Finance Program in Europe and Central Asia (ECA)-Back Office training programs in Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan and Macedonia (Swiss TF)
Expression of Interest Deadline
14-Jan-2012 at 11:59:59 PM (EST)
Language of Notice
- XK - Kosovo
- KG - Kyrgyz Republic
- MK - Macedonia, former Yugoslav Republic of
The World Bank intends to finance the assignment/services under Trust Funds:
- BB - BANK BUDGET
- TF096481 - SWISS GLOBAL TRADE FINANCE PROGRAM
The consultant will be a firm.
Request for Expressions of Interest Trade Finance Training Program in Europe and Central Asia (ECA)- Back Office Training Programs in Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan and Macedonia (Swiss TF)
IFC GLOBAL TRADE FINANCE PROGRAM
IFCs Global Trade Finance Program (GTFP), approved by the World Bank Board in November 2004, has been established to promote trade flows between emerging markets, increase developing countries share of global trade, and support South-South flows of goods and services. This program guarantees trade instruments to help mitigate the payment risk of Issuing Banks in emerging markets in trade transactions. The GTFP also provides technical assistance to banks, with a focus on institutional capacity building in Trade Finance and International Trade Operations.
Trade Finance Advisory Program
Institutional capacity building offered to banks that join the program is an integral component of the GTFP. In this advisory component, IFC provides training to banks in various functional areas related to trade finance. The objective of the advisory program is to: (i) upgrade skills in structuring both basic and complex trade finance transactions; (ii) improve knowledge of trade finance risk mitigation techniques; (iii) upgrade operational and technical skills of trade finance back offices; and, (iv) transfer current international best practices in trade finance to local markets.
This program aims to implement training in Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan and Macedonia. IFC invites eligible firms to indicate their interest in providing their services by submitting a response to this Request for Expressions of Interest (REOI). Please note that firms may associate with other interested firms or individuals to enhance their qualifications. Firms that have been determined to be qualified through the evaluated results of this first stage will be invited to submit detailed proposals in response to a Request for Proposals (RFP).
Description of the Work
IFC- GTFP is planning to facilitate training programs in the following countries in Europe and Central Asia region (ECA) prior to June 30th, 2013: Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan and Macedonia.
The training consists of several modules including (but not limited to):
Trade Products: This course covers all the methods of payment in trade. At the end of the course, participants will have a very good understanding of all the Trade Products with an emphasis on the more commonly used products and an overview of the more sophisticated products used internationally.
Trade Operations: A back Office Operations classroom training for one week to enhance skills in back-office procedures and introduce international best practices for back office staff working in the trade finance department of banks.
SME Workshops: One to three day workshops designed to heighten awareness of the viability of trade finance as a financing option among existing and prospective exporters and importers who are banking with IFC client banks.
Short term and long term advisory services: in-house placement of trade finance professionals to provide training and advisory services in back-office operations, compliance and best practices. The duration is determined based on the needs of client banks, and can range from 1 to 12 months.
Scope of Work
IFC seeks a qualified firm to conduct the following tasks in the ECA region:
- Localizing existing course materials on the subject to illustrate markets needs in ECA;
- Developing new programs on demand;
- Delivering training in designated countries;
- Coordinating, managing and implementing training logistics.
This assignment is fully funded by the Government of Switzerland. There are no restrictions on citizenship.
The responses will be reviewed and firms/consultants deemed best qualified in IFCs judgment will be short-listed according to the following criteria:
The following qualifications are mandatory:
- The firm and trainers to have at least 10 years working experience in trade finance in emerging markets
- Expertise in designing and delivering training programson trade finance to financial institutions (provide examples)
- Demonstrate familiarity with the market in Europe and Central Asia
- Language proficiency in English and Russian (where needed)
- List past experience in delivering trade finance back office training
provided to financial institutions especially in Europe and Central Asia
- Provide evidence/information on previous experience or existing resources and capability to organize events in ECA.
The following is desirable:
- Ability to hire a local coordinator/translator with a strong background in Trade finance where necessary.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted through World Bank Group eConsultant2
no later than January 14th , 2011 and shall not exceed 4 pages. If the submitted response exceeds 4 pages, IFC reserves the right to read only the first 4 pages.
By responding to this REOI, you are confirming compliance with the World Bank Group Procurement Policy.
IFC reserves the right to limit the number of qualified firms shortlisted for efficiency. IFC reserves the right to verify any information provided, or to request additional information after REOI packages are received. IFC reserves the right to proceed, or to not proceed, with issuing an RFP. IFC reserves the right to modify the scope of work for the RFP as necessary to meet Project requirements.
All data and information received from IFC for the purpose of this assignment are to be treated confidentially and are only to be used in connection with the execution of these Terms of Reference. The contents of written materials obtained and used in this assignment may not be disclosed to any third parties without the expressed advance written notice of IFC.
Interested consultants are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest through World Bank Group eConsultant2 - https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html
Any questions or correspondence related to this REOI should be sent via eConsultant2 using the link provided above.
Gimhani Talwatte Seneviratne
Head, Trade Advisory
IFC Short Term Finance, Global Trade Finance Program
- 1. The firm and trainers to have at least 10 years working experience in trade finance in emerging markets
- 2. Expertise in designing and delivering training programs on trade finance to financial institutions (provide examples)
- 3. Demonstrate familiarity with the market in Europe and Central Asia
- 4. Language proficiency in English and Russian (where needed)
- 5. List past experience in delivering trade finance back office training provided to financial institutions especially in Europe and Central Asia
- 6. Provide evidence/information on previous experience or existing resources and capability to organize events in ECA
- 7. undefined
* - Mandatory
Selection and contracting will normally be made from responses to this request for expression of interest. The consultant will be selected from a shortlist, subject to availability of funding.WBGEconsult Home