Information and Communication Technology Development Project in Nepal: GIDC and Government NetworkFunded by Asian Development Bank - ADB Location Nepal Status
The Government of Nepal has received a Grant from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of Information and Communication Technology Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Grant to payments under the contract for GIDC and Government Network. UPDATE, 14 October 2009: The due date for the submission of Proposals has been moved from 17 November to 20 November 2009.
|Date||:||6 October 2009 (amendment to advertisement on 5 October 2009)|
|Grant No. and Title||:||0106-NEP: Information and Communication Technology Development Project|
|Contract No.||:||ICB No.: ICT0106/GIDC and Government Network|
|Deadline for Bids||:||2:00pm on 20 November 2009|
1. This invitation for bids follows the general procurement notice for this Project that appeared in the ADB Business Opportunities on 9 February 2009 supersedes the specific procurement notice advertised in "The Himalayan Times" on 05 October 2009.
2. The Government of Nepal has received a Grant from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of Information and Communication Technology Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Grant to payments under the contract for GIDC and Government Network.
3. The National Information Technology Centre (NITC), Government of Nepal, now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for ICB No: ICT0106/GIDC and Government Network.Lot (1):Government Integrated Data Center - Hardware and RDBMS ICB No: ICT1016/GIDC/Lot 1: - - Supply, installation, and delivery of Hardware equipment and RDBMS for Government Integrated Data Centre to enable operations and hosting of E-government application and data.
Lot (2): Government Integrated Data Center - Network Equipment ICB No: ICT1016/GIDC/Lot 2: - Supply, installation, and delivery of Network LAN, WAN equipment, Security and Network Management devices for Government Integrated Data Centre.
Lot (3): Government Groupware ICB No: ICT1016/GIDC/Lot 3: - Development of Government Groupware application to facilitate government to government communication through collaborative application suite.
4. Bidders have the option to choose to bid on a single lot, any two lots or on all three lots.
5. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB's Single-Stage: Two-Envelope Bidding Procedure and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries.
6. Interested eligible bidders may obtain additional information from NITC and inspect the Bidding Document at the address given below.The Executive Director and PIU Director
National Information Technology Centre (NITC)
Ministry of Science and Technology
Singh Durbar, Kathmandu
Tel. No.: +977-1-4211917, 4211710
Fax No.: +977-1-4243362
7. To purchase the bidding document in English, bidders should:
- visit the office of the NITC at the address indicated above and pay a non-refundable fee of Pay NRs 10,000 or US$ 132 by cash or cashier's check payable to NITC; OR
- Request for delivery of the Bidding Document by sending a written application to the Executive Director and PIU Director at the address indicated above. The application must include a cashier's check, in favor of NITC, in the amount of NRs 10,000 (domestic delivery) or US$ 182 (overseas delivery). The document will be sent by by airmail for international delivery, and surface mail or courier for local delivery. No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
8. Bids must be delivered:
- to the address above;
- on or before 2:00 pm on 20 November 2009. Late bids will not be accepted under any circumstances and will be rejected promptly.
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline in the presence of the bidders' representatives who choose to attend at the address above.
9. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of US$50,000.
10. The NITC will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by the bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of bids.
11. To compare the bids, ADB's domestic preference scheme will be applied in accordance with the provisions stipulated in the Bidding Document.
The above is a complete copy of the Original Procurement Notice.
UPDATE, 14 October 2009: The due date for the submission of Proposals has been moved from 17 November to 20 November 2009.
|ADB's Two-Stage: Two-Envelope Bidding Procedure|
|Procurement Notice Page|