Orissa Community Tank Management Project (OCTMP) in IndiaFunded by World Bank - WB Location India Status
The Government of Orissa, through the Government of India, has received a Loan and a Credit (totaling to US$ 112 million) from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA) for the implementation of the Orissa Community Tank Management Project (OCTMP). The Government of Orissa intends to apply part of this Loan/Credit to finance the hiring of services of a Third Party Quality Control and Quality Assurance consultant for the project.
Project: ORISSA COMMUNITY TANK MANAGEMENT PROJECT (OCTMP)
Financing: World Bank
Abstract: HIRING OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES-THIRD PARTY QUALITY CONTROL AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
Loan/Credit Number: Loan No. 7576-IN; Credit No. 4499-IN; Project ID P100735
Contract/Bid Number: EoI No. OCTDMS-08/2008-09
Deadline: 10 November 2008
1. The Government of Orissa, through the Government of India, has received a Loan and a Credit (totaling to US$ 112 million) from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA) for the implementation of the Orissa Community Tank Management Project (OCTMP). The Government of Orissa intends to apply part of this Loan/Credit to finance the hiring of services of a Third Party Quality Control and Quality Assurance consultant for the project.
2. The project envisages repair and rehabilitation of approximately 900 minor irrigation tanks with an estimated command area of about 120,000 hectares across the State of Orissa. The Orissa Community Tank Development and Management Society [OCTDMS] has been formed under the guidance of the Department of Water Resources, Government of Orissa to implement the OCTMP.
The OCTDMS seeks consultancy services for Third Party Quality Control and Quality Assurance, which includes
# Ensuring quality of works along with workmanship confirm to technical specifications, contract documents, designs/ drawings, relevant Indian standards, and to the Technical Manual of OCTDMS.
# Ensuring sound quality control and quality assurance procedures through deployment of state of the art devices and engineering instruments to expedite quality control testing and associated reporting requirements,
# Reviewing the adequacy of mobilization of men, materials and equipments by the contractors and bring out deficiencies if any to the appropriate authorities.
# Monitoring the quality of construction materials used, construction procedures as per the agreed designs and quality of outputs at various construction stages in accordance with the bid specifications through in situ testing and timely recommendation to the implementing authority for corrections wherever required.
# Build capacities of the internal quality control system of the project through appropriate professional training.
The total expected duration of the assignment will be approximately five years which is expected to commence from March 2009.
3. OCTDMS now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services and must provide information on the following points: brief profile of the organization including the nature of business, number of years of business, key relevant projects, role of the organization in executing such projects, infrastructure facilities viz. mobile Q.C. labs, curriculum vitae of the proposed key staff highlighting the relevant experience, role, clients/projects and contact details of the consultant, etc.
4. Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications. The expression of interest submitted by consultants in association or consortium should clearly indicate the name of the lead firm. The "Association" may take the form of a joint venture [with joint and several liability] or of a sub-consultancy.
5. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2004, modified October 2006.
6. Interested Consultants may obtain further information either at the address given below from 10 am to 5 pm on any of the working days or refer to the Terms of Reference available in the website: www.dowrorissa.gov.in
7. Expression of Interest must be delivered to the address below by no later than 5 pm on November 10, 2008.
Office Name: Orissa Community Tank Development and Management Society.
Officer's Name: Mr. Surendra Kumar.
Designation: Project Director, OCTMP-cum-Special Secretary, Department of Water Resources.
Address: OCTMP, Rajeev Bhawan.
Bhubaneswar 751 001, Orissa, India.
Contact person: Mr. Bidhan Chandra Behera.
Tel: +91 674 2392151.
The above is a complete copy of the Original Procurement Notice.
|Original Procurement Notice|