Project ID: P110978
Borrower/Bid No: REPI-PDSLR II, A2-G4
1. This notice was originally published on 26 December 2012 and was updated on 2 January 2013.The deadline date changed from 7 to 18 January 2012.
2. The Government of Lao People’s Democratic Republic has received the IDA and GEF Grant toward the cost of the Rural Electrification
Phase II (REP II) Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to payments under the Contract for REPII-PDSLR II, Meter Tester & Test Bench.
3. The Electricité du Laos (short form EdL) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the supply of Measuring Instruments for the Project. The delivery period is three (03) months.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits , and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from EdL (Managing Director, E-mail : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address No.1 given below from 08.00 AM to 12.00 AM and 01.00 PM to 04.30 PM, Monday to Friday.
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents in the English language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address No.1 below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of US$ 100 (One hundred US dollars only). The method of payment will be cash or bank draft drawn on a Bank within Lao PDR, In case the bidders are from within Lao PDR, the bidding documents can be secured from the address below while for those outside the country the bidding documents by courier if so requested, upon confirmation of payment to include courier fee of US$ 50.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address No.2 below at or before 02.00 PM local time on January 18, 2013. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at address No. 2 below at 02.00 PM local time on January 7, 2013. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security as specified in the Bidding Documents (clause ITB 21.2).
8. The addresses referred to above are:
Electricité du Laos
Lao-Thai Friendship Road
P.O. Box 309, Vientiane, Lao P.D.R
Tel: (856-21) 451537, 451519
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Address No. 2
Electricité du Laos; Head Office, 8th Floor, Room N: 801
Lao-Thai Friendship Road; P.O Box 309
Thongkang Village, Sisattanak District
Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR