1. Islamic Republic of Afghanistan on behalf of MOE has received a Grant from the World Bank (Grant Ref.: No. number H352-AF) toward the cost of Afghanistan Skills Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to payments under the Contract for Procurement of Music Instruments (Western Musical Instruments) against Contract Package No.: MOE/G-29
2. The Ministry of Education now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for Music Instruments (Western Musical Instruments) .The requested Music Instruments
are as below:
Item Name, Quantity, Delivery Period
Piccolo flute, 1, 8 weeks
Flutes , 2, 8 weeks
Clarinet Bb, 4, 8 weeks
Eb Alto Clarinet, 2, 8 weeks
Eb Soprano Clarinet , 2, 8 weeks
Oboe, 2, 8 weeks
Bassoon , 2, 8 weeks
Trumpet , 5, 8 weeks
Trombone 3 8 weeks
French horn, 3, 8 weeks
Viola, 6, 8 weeks
Cello, 5, 8 weeks
3/4 Double bass, 1, 8 weeks
Full sets drum kits (no cymbals), 2,8 weeks
Traditional' Cymbals for drum kit, 2,8 weeks
Heavy duty drum stool, 2, 8 weeks
3½ octave xylophone, 1, 8 weeks
Grand piano, 1, 8 weeks
Upright pianos, 4, 8 weeks
Soprano Saxophone, 2, 8 weeks
Alto saxophone, 5, 8 weeks
Tenor saxophone, 3, 8 weeks
Bids are invited under one bid lot. Therefore bidders are required to offer prices for all the items individually and for all the quantities. Partial bids shall be rejected and will not be considered for further evaluation.
All the items will have be delivered to Afghanistan's National Institute of Music Deh-bori Opposite Kabul University, Next to the Educational Radio and TV, Kabul, Afghanistan, Deputy Ministry of Technical & Vocational Education. Ministry of Education (MOE). Kabul, Afghanistan.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from:
Attn: Mr. Abdul Wakil Hanifi, Director (Procurement)
Ministry of Education, 3rd Floor
Mohammad Jan Khan Watt
Mobile: +93 (0)752045012 & +93(0)70211126
E-mail: email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org copy and email@example.com
and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 09:00 am to4:00 pm on any working day from Saturday to Thursday.
5. Qualifications requirements include:
(a) Financial Capability
Bidders shall include a letter from a bank indicating their financial status which will indicate their ability to perform the contract.
(b) Experience and Technical Capacity
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that it meets the following experience requirement(s):
Bidders shall have at least five (5) years of experience in the manufacture and/or performance of contracts for similar goods. Bidders must provide evidence of having executed at least one similar contract for musical instruments having similar or larger magnitude within the period of last five years. The evidence shall include:
Name and address of Purchaser with email address/phone No
Contract no and date.
Equipments/items ordered/supplied with their respective quantities.
-Scheduled delivery date and actual delivery date.
-Details of Complaint, if any, received from the purchaser about the performance of the Equipments/items.
• The bidder should furnish a brief write-up, backed with adequate data, explaining his available capacity and experience (both technical and commercial) for the manufacture (to deal the same in case authorized dealer) and supply of the required goods within the specified time of completion after meeting all their current commitments.
If the bidder is not a manufacturer, then the bidder shall furnish the above details of the manufacture who has provided Manufacture's Authorization to the bidder
(c) The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that the Goods it offers meet the following requirement:
(i) The bidder shall confirm the availability of spare parts and after sales service
ii)The bidder shall provide the address of the dealer/agent for verification or confirm that the bidder will establish the above services within 30 days of notification of award. If the bidder does not have the above services he may quote separately for setting up of the above.
A margin of preference for certain goods manufactured domestically shall be applied. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
6. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be obtained by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The bidding documents will be sent by electronic mail. The bidders can also collect a copy of this document from the address below.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 2nd November 2009 at 14:00 hrs (Afghanistan local time). Electronic bidding shall not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened physically in the presence of the bidders' representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 2nd November 2009 at 14:00 hrs. (Afghanistan local time) All bids must be accompanied by Bid Security indicated below.
Bid Security is as follows:
Description of Items. Bid Security in US$ ( or an equivalent amount in freely convertible currency)
Musical Instruments (Western Instruments USD 10000