Project name: Timisoara Aquatim Refinance Project
Business sector: Municipal and environmental infrastructure
Project ID: 37973
Funding source: EBRD
Type of contract: Consultancy Services - FIDIC Engineers
Type of notice: Request for Expressions of Interest
Issue date: 26.6.2008
Closing date: 16.7.2008 (12:00), Timisoara time
This Invitation for Expression of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project which was published on EBRD website and in the Supplement of the Official Journal of the European Union (OJ S) on 15.1.2008, under project ID 2008 / S 9-010151.
Aquatim S.A. Timisoara is the Final Beneficiary of SPA Measure No 2000/RO/16/P/PE/004: “Rehabilitation of the treatment technology for wastewater and improvement of the sewerage network for the population of Timisoara, Romania”.
Total Value: EUR 45 363 012; ISPA grant: EUR 32 207 739; EBRD loan for co-financing: EUR 11 520 000
Commencement date: 4.12.2001; End date: 31.12.2009.
Aquatim is a utility company and it offers the following services: treatment and distribution of drinking water, operation and maintenance of public water and sewerage systems, collection, transport and treatment of wastewater and rainwater.
This project is part of the above-mentioned ISPA Measure.
The Consultant will carry out supervision services during the implementation of 2 Works Contracts, i.e.:
- Contract 2000/RO/16/P/PE/004-02: Rehabilitation of the Wastewater Treatment Plant, based on FIDIC Yellow Book;
- Contract 2000/RO/16/P/PE/004-03: Rehabilitation and extension of the sewerage network, based on FIDIC Red Book;
2. Objectives of the assignment
The required services comprise the following:
- Ensuring high quality supervision services for the ISPA works contracts;
- Supporting the Final Beneficiary (Aquatim S.A. Timisoara) to fulfil the conditions stipulated at article 8.5 of the FM;
- Public Awareness and publicity of the ISPA Measure, according to the Visual Identity Guidelines issued by the EC Representation and according to the instructions issued by ex-ISPA.
It is expected to commence the assignment in September 2008 and the duration is approximately 16 months.
3. Invitation to submit expressions of interest
Interested firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
The Consultancy contract will be financed with the proceeds of a loan from the Bank and will be open to firms from any country. The proceeds of the Bank’s loan will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, of for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations or under a law of official regulation of the Purchaser’s country.
The Consulting Firm should:
Have staff comprising highly qualified specialists having substantial experience of supervising contracts and coordination of all technical aspects under FIDIC (Red and Yellow) contract rules.
In order to determine the capability and experience of consulting firms seeking to be short listed, the information submitted should include the following:
- Company Profile
The determination of the brief description of past history and current organization and management will provide an assessment whether the consultant will be able to cover the needs of the project and would the ownership structure - preferably completely independent with clear communication lines - give any potential conflicts of interest that could influence the project.
- Experience in Similar Projects
Recent experience - last 5 years - from similar projects will be determined to assess the qualification of the consultant in the field of the assignment. The consultant must show experience in handling similar projects and that the knowledge in all technical fields required is available inside his organization. In assessing the technical competence of consultants the number of projects on which the consultants have been engaged is important, as well as the level of responsibility commensurate with the requirements of the assignment.
- Local Experience
The extent of local and regional experience on similar projects is a measure of how closely the consultants’ experience matches the proposed consultancy services. A good match of local experience enables the consultant to confidently execute the services with dispatch, since the initial familiarisation period can be reduced. Therefore cooperation with local consultants is encouraged. Past experience in co-operation with local consultants or implementing tasks similar to the assignment in the Country is an asset. The Consulting firm selected to act as FIDIC Engineer will need to collaborate with a Romanian design checker to check the design according to Law 10 of 24.3.1995, published in the Official Journal no. 12/1995 for Quality in Building Works. The checker will be selected by the Consultant and approved by the Contracting Authority.
- Relevant Staff CVs. The personnel proposed at the professional level will illustrate the key staff capability of the consultant for handling the Project. The consultant should propose a mix of 5 experienced engineers including 1 team leader with not less than 10 years of experience outside the country in supervision contracts and coordination of all technical, contractual and financial aspects on FIDIC (Yellow and Red), 1 resident engineer for the wastewater treatment plant and another 1 for the sewerage network, with not less than 10 years similar experience on FIDIC/IFI financed contracts each, 1 process engineer for the wastewater treatment plant and 1 engineer specialized in contracts and claims with not less than 10 years relevant experience each.
- Finances and Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII).
The determination of the financial capability will disclosure of whether or not the consultant is bankrupt, or is engaged in bankruptcy proceedings and has a sound economy and a reasonable solidity. In the pre-selection process only those consultants will be considered whose financial resources are judges to be appropriate for the amount of the work to be performed. Information of (PII) will be analyzed to ensure that the consultant has adequate insurance policy, given the magnitude of the Project and scope of the assignment.
- Quality Assurance.
To demonstrate the consultant’s capability to fulfil his obligations on the highest level of standard, he should give a short approach for his quality assurance measures for this project, which adequacy will be assessed.
The above information should not exceed 30 pages including CVs of key personnel.
3 copies of the above information, in English, should be submitted in an envelope marked Expression of Interest for the Continuation of technical assistance and supervision of works contracts, 2000/RO/16/P/PE/004-06, Project. In view of the urgency of the requirement, fax submission will also be accepted.
Expression of Interest has to be submitted no later than the date stated above.
Mrs. Luminita Cocard, Head of ISPA Project Implementation Unit,, c/o Aquatim S.A., Str. Gheorghe Lazar Nr. 11A, 300081 Timisoara, Romania. Tel. +40 256 294751. Mobile +40 722 379642. Fax. +40 256 294753. Email: email@example.com
The above is a complete copy of the original procurement notice.