ABA ROLI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to lead and manage the rule of law component of a large, multi-year, multi-country international development program focusing on civil society and the rule of law.
The COP will provide overall leadership to the project, develop and manage work plans, manage finances and local staff and international consultants; the COP will coordinate activities with other ABA ROLI programs in the region, and work collaboratively with partners and donors on the ground. The COP will ensure timely program deliverables. The duration of the assignment is 3-5 years.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide overall leadership, strategic direction, management support and guidance to the program by technical, financial and administrative staff, consultants, and subgrantees and subcontractors.
- Foster partnerships at the regional, national, and local levels to promote learning and exchange across governance and civil society sectors.
- Identify and consolidate a body of expertise, skills, and resources regarding rule of law and civil society
- Develop successful methods and tools from rule of law and governance sectors to support the development of the civil society sector in Central Asia
- Leverage global knowledge to develop context-specific solutions and policy plans to foster rule of law and civil society development
- Employ an evidence-based management approach grounded in research, a broad theory of change, and target indicators supporting the rule of law objectives.
- Coordinate with the client and other implementing partners on the ground; collaborate with local stakeholder institutions
- Represent ABA ROLI policies, programs and project responsibilities.
- Collaborate with key project staff in DC and field-based teams to meet all agreed-upon objectives, deadlines, and other requirements as set by the donor and managers.
- Demonstrated field experience preferably in the Central Asia region coupled with 10 years of experience delivering rule of law and civil society programs
- BA in a International Development, Business, Public Administration or a relevant field, MA is preferred
- Nuanced understanding of the rule of law development issues and the regional background
- Proven leadership abilities within a multi-partner initiative, and experience representing projects at high levels of policy engagement.
- Experience communicating and building productive relationships within a broad range of government, civil society, academic, and IGO entities, at international, regional, and local levels
- Experience managing interdisciplinary and culturally diverse teams in centralized and remote locations.
- Demonstrated track record of progressively responsible managerial experience implementing donor (especially USAID) projects with similar complexity.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Detailed understanding of USAID and other USG assistance policies, award management and reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of Russian or any regional language is a plus.
Please apply by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org In the email, please include a CV and cover letter (if have one). In the subject of the email, please write Application for Chief of Party, Europe
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.