While the aid community waits for the Trump administration to decide whether it will pursue a funding rescission, the largest coalition of international NGOs has decided not to sue the White House at this time.
- DevexRescission uncertainty, Africa's polio milestone, and Brexit contingency plans:...
- DevexOpinion: Enlisting the private sector in the fight against HIV/AIDS
- DevexOpinion: How to achieve UHC? Invest more, and better
- DevexUHC high-level meeting unlikely to be 'transformative moment,' CSO experts say
- DevexFears grow World Bank board could 'compromise' on accountability reforms
- DevexInside UNDP's work on a global LGBTI inclusion index
Governments will address the challenge of achieving universal health coverage during a high-level meeting at the U.N. in September. But so far, the agreement falls flat, civil society experts say.
It's been three years since the last case of wild poliovirus was detected in Africa. Now, WHO's Africa Regional Certification Commission will check whether the virus is eradicated across the continent.
As Sierra Leone launches its new national digital identity platform, proponents say the platform will provide citizens with formal identity, control over their credit information, and access to digital financial services.
UNDP is set to launch the first-ever global LGBTI inclusion index this year. Advocates hope it will bridge the data gap and shed light on the challenges LGBTI populations face.