Speakers at the 2019 Crawford Fund Annual Conference were optimistic about new technology and science for sustainable food production — but politics and consumerism were seen as the biggest risks.
- DevexOpinion: How the World Bank can save the world’s forests
- DevexTop JICA foreign contractors 2016-2018
- DevexAddressing climate change from a finance and liability lens
- DevexSustainable food and the behavior change challenge
- DevexWebinar: Inside grantmaking at the Gates Foundation
- DevexHumanitarians warn against adding al-Shabab to UN sanctions list
Lauren Bradford of Candid and Lisa Cornish of Devex share insights from more than $58 billion in grants that the Gates Foundation has directed primarily to global health and international development priorities.
Sean Cairncross, the Millennium Challenge Corporation's CEO, said that he's looking for the agency to keep its focus and model, during an event in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday.
Winnie Byanyima will be the next leader of UNAIDS, beating out four male candidates for the top job, the agency announced Wednesday.
USAID Chief of Staff Bill Steiger discussed the Trump administration's attempts to halt U.S. foreign assistance funding, the importance of innovation at the Bureau of Global Health, and how it will be impacted by the agency's reorganization.
The Foreign Aid Transparency and Accountability Act was signed into law three years ago, requiring the U.S. government to improve how it tracks and publishes data on foreign aid spending. Here's how it has done so far.