The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank saw the election of Jin Liqun to a second term as president during its virtual annual meeting. As he and the bank move beyond their inaugural years, here's what Jin hopes to achieve.
- Opinion: We need structural change to enable self-empowerment — not empowerment...
- Opinion: Tackling the twin burdens of NCDs and COVID-19
- Watch: Making a mindful midcareer move
- A Catch-22: Health care staff burdened by mandatory reporting of sexual violence
- July’s top reads: The DFID-FCO merger, climate change financing, and Cotonou...
- Congressional hearing tackles US COVID-19 response in Africa
AIIB President Jin Liqun and International Advisory Panel member Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala spoke during a virtual session of the bank’s annual meeting about the need to arm yourself with technology skills and to be prepared for a tough job.
Less than 1% of foundation giving directly reaches women of color implementing development work. The pandemic offers a chance to rethink equitable funding, several experts tell Devex.
Religious gatherings should respect social distancing guidelines, take place outside when possible, and include sanitization measures, according to guidance from UNICEF and Religions for Peace.
The "Pacific Roadmap on Gender Statistics" provides the region with a toolkit to support the collection of better quality sex-disaggregated data. Devex takes a look at how the roadmap will be implemented in Micronesia and Palau.
Amid the DFID merger and U.K. aid cuts, NGOs must draw on the lessons of past victories and earn public support with a new argument for aid — one framed by global common interests, according to this op-ed.
Whether a veteran implementer or a new grassroots NGO, any organization stands to benefit from taking an inventory of the local organizations working with USAID. Devex shines a spotlight on those in reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health in India, Kenya, and Nigeria.