Devex sits down with the head of the Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative Secretariat, Priya Basu, to learn more about how We-Fi operates and what it looks for in proposals.
- DevexOn Message: Aid in China, interview with AIIB communications lead
- DevexWhat We-Fi looks for in proposals to help women
- DevexOpinion: Food, fuel, and the future of human development
- DevexGlobal education community clashes over GPE private sector strategy specifics
- DevexLocal entrepreneurs on funding access: 'The system is broken'
- DevexAid workers warn against repeating South Sudan peace deal mistakes
This Earth Day, the world should focus on two fundamental issues that both threaten human development and the environment: food systems and fuel, writes WRI Vice President Craig Hanson.
As head of communications at the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, Laurel Ostfield spends a lot of her time correcting misunderstandings about the bank. Devex spoke to her about the challenges she's faced.
Investing in social entrepreneurs is an oft-touted solution to tackling development challenges. But the system designed to support them is flawed, several entrepreneurs at the Skoll World Forum tell Devex.
As South Sudan attempts to implement its second fragile peace deal in four years, seasoned aid workers caution the international community against repeating mistakes of peace deals past.
"What CERF does best is get there very early," explains Lisa Doughten, who oversees operations of the U.N.'s Central Emergency Response Fund.
Philanthropy has come under scrutiny over the past year for being removed from those most impacted by the problems funders are trying to solve. Many leaders now want to shift from funding from afar to supporting local solutions.