U.S. Special Envoy for Venezuela Elliott Abrams says that perishable humanitarian aid meant for Venezuelans has been distributed in Colombia to Venezuelan migrants, refugees, and local citizens.
- DevexUSAID in 'constant scenario planning mode' for Sudan
- Devex'Reality check' needed to recognize diversity of families, UN Women report shows
- DevexUS distributes aid in Colombia after Venezuela regime refuses it
- DevexUN Green Climate Fund faces replenishment challenge
- DevexTackling vision impairment within displaced communities
- DevexEvents preview: This week in development cooperation
The U.S. government is providing humanitarian assistance to Sudan — while it looks for new options to respond to rapidly changing conditions.
New measures to support paid parental leave and the care of children and elderly, as well as family law reform, are essential for women's rights inside the home, says UN Women's flagship progress report.
The recent cyclones in Mozambique were the first time a major natural disaster hit a country with a high prevalence of HIV. Health workers worry about an increase in advanced stage HIV in the aftermath.
The EAT-Lancet Commission attempted to map out a healthy, sustainable diet to feed the world's growing population — but some say it is not realistic for low-income settings.