The Partnership to Accelerate COVID-19 Testing in Africa aims to ramp up testing, contact tracing, and treatment of coronavirus cases on the continent. East Africa Correspondent Sara Jerving looks at how it will work.
- Opinion: On equity in the international development sector — we need more...
- Africa CDC rolls out strategy to ramp up coronavirus testing
- Opinion: Addressing plastic pollution must be a part of the ‘green recovery’
- 'Big concerns' over Gates foundation's potential to become largest WHO donor
- Gavi launches tool to 'ensure equitable access' to coronavirus vaccine
- Space tech is helping conservation efforts better inform development in Africa
Satellites have been used in Africa to prevent poaching; monitor deforestation and grassland degradation; and prevent uncontrollable wildfires.
The 3-D commission will focus on health determinants, data, and decision-making, with members ranging from the NCD Alliance to Facebook.
As fear mounts of a worldwide fight in which manufacturers prioritize selling to the highest bidders, important questions need to be answered before any fund is launched. This commentary outlines what should be done differently.
Governments have the power to reduce COVID-19’s impacts on global food security. ActionAid USA explains why supporting farmers in the global south is a strategic place to start.
The Trump administration's Africa policy has been slow to evolve and remains rather opaque, though it has a clear focus on trade and investment and competition with China.