As U.S. President Donald Trump tweeted about postponing the 2020 election, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo answered questions about democracy promotion abroad, WHO withdrawal, and the government's approach to fragile states.
- Who is Philip Barton, new permanent undersecretary to the FCDO?
- Q&A: 2020 Hilton Humanitarian Prize recipient on creating cultures of healing
- Can we build resilience to both pandemics and climate change?
- Watch: Hilton Foundation announces the 2020 humanitarian prize laureate
- Opinion: We need structural change to enable self-empowerment — not empowerment...
- Opinion: Tackling the twin burdens of NCDs and COVID-19
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank saw the election of Jin Liqun to a second term as president during its virtual annual meeting. As he and the bank move beyond their inaugural years, here's what Jin hopes to achieve.
AIIB President Jin Liqun and International Advisory Panel member Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala spoke during a virtual session of the bank’s annual meeting about the need to arm yourself with technology skills and to be prepared for a tough job.
Less than 1% of foundation giving directly reaches women of color implementing development work. The pandemic offers a chance to rethink equitable funding, several experts tell Devex.
The "Pacific Roadmap on Gender Statistics" provides the region with a toolkit to support the collection of better quality sex-disaggregated data. Devex takes a look at how the roadmap will be implemented in Micronesia and Palau.
Amid the DFID merger and U.K. aid cuts, NGOs must draw on the lessons of past victories and earn public support with a new argument for aid — one framed by global common interests, according to this op-ed.
Whether a veteran implementer or a new grassroots NGO, any organization stands to benefit from taking an inventory of the local organizations working with USAID. Devex shines a spotlight on those in reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health in India, Kenya, and Nigeria.