Through its various programs in Libya, ABA ROLI holds trainings, workshops, and events, designed to build the capacity of key stakeholders—such as the Constitutional Drafting Assembly, Ministry of Local Government, Ministry of Justice, Libyan Bar Association, Libyan Young Lawyers Association, civil society and local government actors, media professionals, and academics—to participate in the creation of a revised constitutional framework, effective national institutions, and the social, economic and security conditions necessary for Libyans’ well-being. By supporting the informed and active engagement of these stakeholders, ABA ROLI seeks to support the reconstruction of the social contract in Libya. Key to this process is the bringing together of networks of people at the local and national level in order to develop dialogue and consensus on key topics affecting Libya’s political transition and development.
The Expert Facilitator will support achievement of the abovementioned objectives through the following responsibilities:
- Training – Provide training to other project facilitators, partner community liaisons, legal professionals, and other key stakeholders on effective facilitation and communication skills and other topical areas of expertise, as identified by ABA ROLI.
- Material Development - Develop agendas, lesson plans, publications, and written and visual materials that provide an understanding and facilitate informed dialogue about key topical areas, as identified and supervised by ABA ROLI.
- Workshops and Roundtables - Facilitate and lead others in the facilitation of highly participatory national and local workshops on key topics. Produce reports on workshops for ABA ROLI and communicate workshop outcomes to stakeholders, as requested by ABA ROLI.
This is a contract position, and services will be required for events on an as-needed basis. A specific Terms of Reference outlining the targeted needs of ABA ROLI shall be provided ahead of each specific event facilitation or materials development request.
- Strong experience in workshop facilitation at all levels of engagement, including grassroots and national dialogues; ability to effectively report on and communicate workshop outcomes to key audiences;
- Excellent experience in material development, including development of lesson plans, training materials, and visual materials pertinent to identified ABA ROLI subject areas;
- Strong experience as a trainer, including experience in delivering trainings on communication and facilitation skills, among other target subjects;
- Subject matter expertise in constitutional issues, human rights, local governance, reconciliation, local dialogue, and related issues;
- Familiarity with key stakeholders related to ABA ROLI’s work, including actors in the Libyan constitutional process, local civil society, legal professionals, government actors, and citizen stakeholders;
- Regionally located with ability to travel to Libya/Tunisia.
- Fluency in Arabic required; French and/or English fluency also preferred.
- JD or foreign equivalent preferred.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Expert Facilitator” in the Subject Line.
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit organization that implements legal reform programs in roughly 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.