ABA ROLI is seeking an Outreach Associate to help build domestic and international support for ABA ROLI’s mission through effective communications to diverse audiences using written content, social media, and events.
- Supports the Director – Outreach in promoting the ABA ROLI and its mission to bolster the internal and external audience through the use of appropriate technology
- Creates, designs, edits, and produces outreach publications and materials.
- Monitors and updates the ABA ROLI website, creates new web pages, posts new publications such as newsletters, reports, and surveys.
- Creates graphics and imagery for the web site and updates all relevant program materials.
- Processes site access data and generates utilization reports and forecasts.
- Researches opportunities to establish links with other organizations and on-line resources.
- Collects and edits story submissions, builds web story pages, and updates the ROLI blog.
- Assists in organizing ABA ROLI events and promotional efforts and collaborates with other ABA ROLI sections and entities to optimize results.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Previous work experience in graphic design, media, or publications.
- At least two years of general office administrative experience.
- Previous experience with publication, HTML, and other software supporting the production of marketing and/or outreach materials.
- Previous experience producing written content for an international or domestic NGO/non-profit.
- Experience managing social media accounts.
- A track-record of planning high-impact events.
- A passion for advancing democracy and the rule of law and the willingness to tell ABA ROLI’s story to audiences ranging from the Congress, USAID/Department of State, international multilateral organizations, and the population at-large.
- Creativity and the ability to use storytelling to build support for our work.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with the American Bar Association please call 312-988-5188.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.