ABA ROLI seeks a full-time Training Coordinator in Lima, Peru to support the execution of our programming. This includes, but is not limited to: designing and presenting training programs for justice sector actors, selecting trainers/teachers, creating materials, and devising methodologies for all training activities, including the development of online courses. In addition, this position entails overseeing the execution of these processes and preparing reports. This work must be completed while following ABA ROLI’s defined internal procedures and guaranteeing both timely results and effective service.
The duties of this post include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for organizing and managing all activities related to carrying out each component of the Project.
- Organizes and manages all training activities, such as workshops, conferences, specialized trainings, online courses, and any other kind of training activity. Oversees advertisement of activities and goals related to the Project.
- Proposes educational topics for training activities to selected instructors in written, electronic, and audiovisual formats. These proposals must be ready at least one month before the activity.
- The Project’s training audience include: prosecutors, police, judges, public defenders, criminal lawyers, and CSO leaders.
- Compiles shortlists of possible workshop trainers
- Works in coordination with the different institutions and sectors that make up the Peruvian judicial system.
- Provides technical and specialized assistance to institutions and partners who seek it.
- Generates reports on training workshops as requested.
- Systematizes and organizes information and results of workshops, verifying their quality.
- Keeps flow of information from programs updated to permit the timely completion of analyses and reports.
- Supports the implementation of Project training activities in accordance with operational plans, budgetary constraints, and pre-designated timelines for the successful completion of Project objectives.
- Ensures backup of information, both physical and digital, of all activities related to Program trainings.
- Participates in media campaigns and maintains a record of them.
- Coordinates consistently with ABA ROLI HQ and its counterparts.
- Provides logistical and administrative support to the Project. This includes responding to emails received through an institutional inbox
- Other related duties as required.
- Law degree and valid professional license with a specialization in criminal proceedings and litigation in the criminal justice system;
- At least five years’ experience working with international non-governmental organization (INGO) or multilateral institution;
- Detailed understanding of the Peruvian justice system and ability to interact with Peruvian justice sector authorities;
- Experience designing, organizing, and overseeing workshops and conferences;
- Experience teaching in an academic setting, preferably in the following subject areas: oral litigation and the accusatorial system;
- Strong written and oral communication skills required. The ability to communicate effectively in English is desirable;
- High degree of organization, professionalism, integrity, trustworthiness and flexibility;
- Ability to operate efficiently while juggling multiple priorities;
- Willingness to travel within Peru (around 60% of activities take place outside of Lima).
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.