The Accountant reports to the Manager, Finance and Accounting and provides in-house expertise in a specialized area of Finance. The Accountant is responsible for supporting the Manager, Finance and Accounting with preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, budgets, and cost allocation for ThinkWell Institute, a non-profit organization, and field office support. This position is responsible for payroll, benefits, reporting & compliance. The Accountant will oversee the processing and data entry for accounts payable, deposit entries, reconciliations, and other accounting duties.
This position is fully remote and can be based anywhere within the United States.
- Ensure accounting activities are recorded in appropriate systems to ensure accurate reporting
- Follow the company’s established accounting processes
- Record payroll for ThinkWell Institute in a timely and accurate manner
- Support payroll for global ThinkWell entities & offices
- Month-end allocations & cost reporting
- Prepare Journal Entries
- Reconcile & balance general ledger accounts
- Assist with and prepare documentation for third party financial audits
- Support month-end close by performing and validating accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, preparing and reviewing complex reconciliations and conducting variance analyses
- Cash Flow Reporting
- Month End Reporting
- Support all Accounts Payable Specialist duties
- Bank Reconciliations
- Provide support for field and domestic programs by conducting live meeting training on financial systems (Timekeeping/Expense Reporting) and processes
ThinkWell core values are our fundamental organizational guiding principles. They define our corporate culture, influence our behavior at work and help us achieve our mission. Our values are:
Influence the conversation
Evolve by learning
ThinkWell core competencies are foundational skills and behaviors that align with our values and are expected of all employees.
An entrepreneurial, results-oriented ‘do-er’ with a willingness to take risk, think big and challenge conventional wisdom.
A change maker who reaches independent judgement with an open mind, influences the conversation, and seeks innovation.
Able to help create an empowering environment in which everyone feels free to take initiative, be accountable and fail intelligently (learn from mistakes).
A collaborative colleague who engages constructively with people from different cultures, orientations, and perspectives and maintains positive relations in a virtual world.
Principally motivated by a growth mindset, meaning the pursuit of knowledge, experience, and self-improvement. You always question and continuously learn.
Authentic, honest, direct, self-aware and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- BA/BS and 5+ years experience or graduate degree and 3+ years experience;
- Relevant work experience in the specific area of technical expertise. Adept at communicating technical information to non-technical audiences;
- Strong understanding of GAAP and accounting principles;
- Intermediate level experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience with Nexonia and Tipalti is a plus;
- Non-Profit accrual basis accounting experience required;
- A team player, motivated to provide subject matter expertise with a collaborative, customer service orientation;
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks quickly, thoroughly and conscientiously with attention to detail and a responsive, ‘can-do’ attitude;
- A thoughtful systems thinker with grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of our work;
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with external vendors and stakeholders;
- Full English fluency, second language a plus;
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas.
About the Organization
Do you believe that everyone deserves access to affordable, quality healthcare? Are you driven by creativity, bold ideas, and disruptive innovation? Are you inspired by exceptionally talented, diverse, impact-oriented colleagues? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced environment? Most importantly, are you fed-up, even disgusted, with the status quo of foreign assistance in the health sector? Then consider a job with ThinkWell.
ThinkWell is a growing, flexible health systems organization, with both global influence and local grounding. Our focus is on driving transformation in the global health space by always questioning and disrupting conventional wisdom about what works or what can or cannot be done.