Job Title/Grade: Accountant (Grade 7)
Senior Accountant (Grade 8)
Principal Accountant (Grade 9)
Reports to: Manager, Accounting
Date: February 15, 2019
Function of the Position:
This is a full-time, professional position supporting accounts payable and cash management functions in the home office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
I. Accounts Payable (approximately 60%)
Support and Backstopping:
- Serves as alternate AP Manager.
- Responsibilities include: Processing vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursements; ensuring correct routing for approval; creating AP voucher for each invoice; scanning and uploading invoices into Oracle; matching invoices to POs & POET; entering invoice details for non PO transactions; monitoring Oracle A/P workflow, reviewing iExpense in Expense Auditor module; processing AP adjustment requests; preparing invoice batches and submitting to Accounts Payable Manager for review and approval.
- Responsibilities include: Generating payment batch reports for AP Manager; recording all non-ACH/check payments for AP, providing the AP Manager with payment registers and text files needed for upload to M&T bank.
Supplier Information Maintenance:
- Maintains vendor/employee banking information.
Customer Service & File Management:
- Responsibilities include: Ensuring timely communications and processing, coordinating to resolve invoicing, PO, etc. issues; responding to vendor/staff inquiries timely.
II. Cash Management (approximately 40%)
Support and Backstopping: 30%
- Supports Cash Manager; serves as alternate.
Corporate Treasury Management:
- Responsibilities include: reviewing daily bank statements and recording activities AR and CM; preparing daily cash reporting, including cash forecasts; maintaining AR report; timely applications and follow-ups; preparing line of credit and other bank documents; ensuring and applying adequate controls to ensure DAI resources are safeguarded properly; performing verification of/for payment requests with responsible staff/authority.
Electronic Banking and Payments:
- Responsibilities include: processing and supporting field/project wires; full knowledge of field cash requirements system; coordinating new supplier set-up in Oracle and Bank; responding to employee and bank inquiries/requirements; processing authorized AR adjustments; coordinating with US business units.
- Responsibilities include: Ensuring timely communications and processing; coordinating to resolve payment/banking issues; responding timely to all inquiries and requirements.
- Grade 7: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of four years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree plus a minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Grade 8: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years of relevant experience, or Master’s plus a minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Grade 9: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of seven years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree plus a minimum of five years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal guidance, as well as prioritize work and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Accounts Payable P2P, preferably R12
- Experience working with a government contractor strongly preferred
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
About the Organization
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For over 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.