PRB is seeking an Accounting & Administrative Assistant to join the Finance and Accounting department. This candidate would be responsible for handling a variety of tasks to support the Finance, Administration & HR Departments in processing and maintaining integrity and accuracy of the accounting and HR records and systems.
Accounts Payable & Cash Disbursements – (assist Accounting Associate)
- Download all payment requests received in AP email box;
- Review requests for accuracy, (invoice approval signatures, per diem rates, receipts, etc) and follow up with staff for any corrections needed;
- Submit payment requests to Accounting Associate for processing;
- Receive travel notifications, invoices from travel agency and reconcile to the monthly travel American Express bill;
- Reconcile monthly PRB credit card bills;
- Collect proper approvals for reconciled credit card bills and submit to Accounting Associate for payment;
- Maintain A/P Vendor files;
- Assist Accounting Associate with other duties as requested.
Month End Close Process
- Process monthly AP reports and other monthly schedules as needed;
- Provide new employee set up in HRIS, Payroll and Accounting systems;
- Provide support to staff with tax forms & other benefits & payroll changes;
- Process personnel data changes in Payroll system;
- Provide support to the Sr. Manager, Finance & Administration & HR Director with records maintenance in Payroll & HRIS systems and semi-monthly payroll processing;
- Maintain employee/personnel folders to include filing;
- Process monthly leave schedule;
- Correspond with payroll company on all payroll tax issues, (setting up new state tax, sending tax notices to PR company, etc.);
- Reconcile Monthly Health Insurance and Pension Contributions with monthly payroll and prepare and submit for payments;
- Enter all Dependent Care FSA payroll deductions in online WageWorks system after each pay period;
- Download Monthly Commuter Benefits report and update employee payroll deductions;
- Act as Point of Contact for PMI parking and review monthly invoice for accuracy.
Other Finance/Admin Duties
- Assist with year-end audit;
- Function as back-up receptionist when needed;
- Function as a member of Finance & Administration team; performs other duties as assigned;
- Provide daily support to Sr. Manager of Finance & Administration, Accounting Associate, Program Finance department and CFO;
- Perform other related duties as assigned and support other staff members as needed;
- Maintain project and departmental files.
- Reports to the Sr. Manager of Finance & Administration.
Experience & Education
- AA in Accounting with 2+ years’ related experience, or HS diploma with 3-6 years related accounting/bookkeeping experience, project accounting a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience with AP, AR, HR, and other related areas preferred;
- Experience with, Excel, HRIS and payroll systems preferred;
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail necessary;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize according to staff needs and deadlines;
- Ability to work independently.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. PRB has an excellent benefits package, including generous health, leave, and retirement programs.
Applications: Please remember to upload a resume and cover letter in the “resume” section. Only finalists will be contacted. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please remember to attach your resume and cover letter in the documents section.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
About the Organization
The Population Reference Bureau informs people around the world about population, health, and the environment, and empowers them to use that information to advance the well-being of current and future generations. Inform. PRB analyzes complex demographic data and research to provide the most objective, accurate, and up-to-date population information in a format that is easily understood by advocates, journalists, and decision makers alike. Empower. Our commitment to putting information into action sets us apart. PRB builds coalitions and conducts workshops around the world to give our key audiences the tools they need to understand and communicate effectively about population issues. Advance. PRB works to ensure that policymakers in developing countries and in the United States rely on sound evidence, rather than anecdotal or outdated information, when creating population, health, and environmental policies.