Rich Text Editor, ckEditorDiv, Press ALT 0 for helpThe Administrative Coordinator will provide full and diversified project and office administrative support, proactively creating systems to efficiently manage the Recovery Program’s physical space as well as the Managing Director’s workload. This self-starter will use his or her experience and interpersonal skills to collaborate and negotiate with all levels of the organization on behalf of the department as well as interface with external actors critical to mission success of the Recovery Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide general administrative and technical support: Manage technology, scheduling, and good use of Recovery Program’s physical space. In a courteous and timely manner, assess and categorize level of importance of incoming phone calls, emails and mail to determine which of those should be escalated to the Managing Director or other parties. Respond to phone calls, emails and mail and research additional information as needed. Assist with local logistics of visiting HFHI staff members. Assist with travel / transportation arrangements of Managing Director, compile reports & related data collection. Provide administrative and technical support to others as appropriate and possible; (25%)
2. Plan meetings for Managing Director and Recovery Program: Organize meeting logistics and travel. Coordinate agenda and take minutes for some meetings and conference calls as indicated. Assist with meeting coordination as needed; (25%).
3. Proactively assist with projects and special assignments as needed; create systems to effectively manage workflow including assistance with writing letters and public remarks, editing business documents and resources. Be flexible to take on last minute projects as needed; (30%).
4. Create systems to manage deadlines and feedback.
5. Collaborate with internal and external customers: Positively represent the Managing Director and the Recovery Program when communicating with all levels of the organization, and with eternal audiences. Garner trust and respect for Recovery Program in order to accomplish goals through superior customer service. (20%).
Skills, Competencies, and Experience
Deep knowledge of Puerto Rico
Driver’s License required
Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Candidates must have outstanding people skills and high emotional intelligence in order to proactively anticipate Managing Director’s needs, and interact with all levels of the organization and external customers
This proactive self-starter must be flexible, collaborative, and able to multi task in a fast paced environment
Must have strong organizational skills and extremely high attention to detail
Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive issues, and be a problem solver
Needs excellent written and verbal communications skills
Must be able and willing to work some evenings/weekends and travel within Puerto Rico as needed
Knowledge of Low-Income Housing Sector in Puerto Rico
Experience in community organization
Beneficial but not required
Experience with office management, office material requisition
Experience interacting with Government Agencies in Puerto Rico
About the Organization
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.