Region: Middle East / Country: JORDAN / State/Location: Amman
Job Location (As Displayed on CDM Smith’s Career Sites): Jordan - Amman
Why CDM Smith?: CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Description: We are now accepting applicants for an Administrative Manager and Human Resources Liaison based in our Amman, Jordan. This is a key position within our country operation as this role oversees all of the Jordan operation administration management within the office and supports our human resources efforts in the recruiting, hiring and retention of staff.
Administrative Manager Duties:
- Supervision of the administrative staff within the Jordan office.
- Ensure workload management, completion of time entry, general attendance and other office management tasks.
- Support English/Arabic and Arabic/English translation.
- Responsible for all business travel arrangements including hotel reservations and airport transport for international guests coming to Jordan and Jordanian staff traveling outside of the country for business.
- Manage logistics and other arrangements for the project events such as: workshops, business meetings, etc.
- Manage filing and filing log for the project correspondence as required.
- Support renewal of project vehicles licensing and insurance. Ensure all are in compliance with local regulations.
- Supervise Driver’s and Vehicle Fleet.
- Prepare inventory/equipment lists for projects, as required.
Human Resources Liaison:
- Act as the local Human Resources (HR) liaison to ensure Jordan operations adhere to local law in conjunction with and under the support of the business unit Sr. HR Manager.
- Support local hiring of staff by working with hiring managers to develop job description, set the selection criteria, screen initial applicants to provide feedback to Talent team, and schedule/interview prospective candidates in conjunction with Talent Acquisition Specialists.
- Prepare employees contracts for offer, extension/renewals contracts and manage personnel files to ensure all information is included and adheres to local law requirements.
- Support new hire document submittal to enable hire and onboarding to the firm.
- Local contact for Company policies and procedures to ensure they are followed and respected by all employees at all times.
- In conjunction with Sr. HR Manager, manage the Jordan Employee Handbook and ensure bi-annual review, update and distribution.
- Responsible for health insurance enrollment, renewals and any issues for staff including issuing required letters.
- Manage the resident and work permits needs of business visitors and expatriate assignees in Jordan.
- Coordinate with shipping and clearance agency for shipping expatriates’ household furniture to/ from Jordan
- Prepare/Support Lease Agreements for expatiates apartments and follow up on renewals.
- Candidates must have at least 10 years’ experience in the field of administrative management in a similar role.
- Experience and familiarity with human resources activities and Jordanian Labor Law preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Good Typing Skills in both English and Arabic
- Strong communication skills in English and Arabic (speaking, reading and writing).
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to collaborate and ability to be a team player within a global team is required.
- Previous experience in handling basic accounting support including petty cash/expenses is a plus
- Candidate must hold Jordanian citizenship and be legally authorized to work in Jordan.
Driving required?: No
Will this position require heavy equipment operation?: No
About the Organization
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.