Job Title: Administrative Support for USAID/LAC
Department/Location: Washington DC & Several countries in Latin America
Reports To: Program Manager
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Junior Program Analyst to provide administrative support for USAID/LAC, which includes provision of all aspects of administrative management, correspondence, and record management as requested by USAID/LAC. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Providing scheduling, organizational, and logistical support for meetings, workshops, conferences, and retreats.
- Preparing talking points, briefing papers, and official correspondence; distributing correspondence cables and program documents.
- Monitoring, restocking, and requesting the order of office supplies.
- Maintaining contact lists, visitor lists, and calendars.
- Preparing materials in support of LAC managers for key meetings, events, conferences, travel, etc. by coordinating with office directors and other appropriate parties on briefers and pre-briefs.
- Reviewing documents and correspondence for format, grammar, content, and messaging prior to obtaining Bureau or Office leadership signature.
- Maintaining electronic and hard copy files in compliance with Agency policy.
- Appropriately maintaining classified information (up to the SECRET level), including the classified safe and duty log, and ensuring that classified files are organized in accordance with federal and Agency regulations.
- Managing schedules for senior staff.
- Logging, processing, tracking, and filing all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Receiving and responding to incoming calls and visitors.
- Ensuring that briefing and nightly folders for LAC Bureau leadership contain all relevant information for the following day’s events and activities.
- Drafting emails for LAC Bureau leadership in response to correspondence. If requested, represent the LAC Front Office in the Administrator’s scheduling meetings.
- Arranging travel, including itineraries, transportation, and lodging; assisting in the preparation of travel authorizations and vouchers.
- As needed, accompany Bureau staff on overseas travel to provide administrative and logistics support.
- Serving as lead or alternate Point of Contact (POC) for scheduling and coordinating with the Administrator’s Office.
- Communicating regularly with all LAC Front Office staff to ensure they are aware of major meetings, scheduling changes, and deadlines.
- Providing assistance for events and high-level visitors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years’ progressive experience assisting USAID or other donor projects and teams
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Global Affairs, International Development or project management related fields is required. Master’s degree in preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI provides technical assistance to USAID across many sectors including, but not limited to health, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and biodiversity.