DPS is seeking an Administrative Support Specialist to support the Department of Defense. The start date for this position is immediate.
The Administrative Support Specialist will be responsible for the following duties:
- Maintain files and records; monitor and review actions to ensure accuracy and timely dispatch or disposition; and perform office administrative duties to include copying and distribution, data input and database management.
- Receive and examine incoming requests, reports, and correspondence.
- Maintain senior staff calendars.
- Arrange meetings, entrance into various locations, parking, materials, and equipment.
- Ensure senior staff members are briefed on matters to be considered before all meetings.
- Compose and prepare in final form replies to correspondence of non-policy nature for signature.
- Review outgoing correspondence for signature or clearance for format, typographical accuracy, conformance with procedures instructions, and consistency with other material cleared or in preparation.
- Review correspondence and other materials prepared for the information and signature for appropriate content, coordination, and routing.
- Prepare briefing and position papers, replies to Congressional and other governmental inquiries, prepares statements and back-up information for issues anticipated in hearings on legislation.
- Perform research within the office to obtain requisite in formation or obtains such information and data from other outside offices.
- Perform other administrative duties as required.
- 3 + years of experience with providing executive-level administrative support in a large corporate in environment
- Ability to multi-task independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with a Windows operation system and with the Microsoft Suite products (excel, Word, Office)
- Active Secret security clearance
- Excellent team-orientation skills
- Experience with developing spreadsheets
- Demonstrated analytical Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated critical thinking
- Ability to articulate and solve complex problems and concepts
About the Organization
At Dexis Professional Services (DPS) we align ourselves with the core values of our parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Ingenuity, Integrity, Investment in People-these are the guiding principles of our culture. We empower our staff to work together with colleagues at all levels and be part of the decision-making process; we create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. We’re committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation in the global development arena. As a DPS employee, we will challenge you, we will empower you, and we will mentor you.
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview. DPS is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.