DAI/Human Dynamics is currently preparing for the forthcoming EU project “EU assistance for Uzbekistan Agri-Food Development Strategy 2020-2030”. The overall objective of the Sector Reform Performance Contract of which this contract will be a part is: to contribute to the achievement of the 2030 Vision of the Agri-Food Sector, which aims to develop a competitive, market and export-oriented Uzbekistan Agri-food Sector that will increase farm incomes, create new jobs, enhance food security and ensure the sustainable use of natural resources (in line with the Uzbekistan Agri-Food Development Strategy 2020-2030 and its Roadmap).
We welcome applications for the position of Key expert 2. The profile description can be found below:
Key expert 2: Agriculture Knowledge and Innovation Systems and Services
He/she will be leading the development of the institutional structures, systems and capacity building for the Agriculture Knowledge and Innovation System and support services, linking with relevant central and local institutions and stakeholders, identifying priority needs and requirements, monitoring all technical inputs and ensuring the timely delivery of quality outputs.
Qualifications and skills:
- Masters’ degree in the field of agricultural economics, agriculture or closely related relevant subject, or as an equivalent a bachelor’s degree and 2 years more general professional experience in excess of the minimum 10 years (as defined below);
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Russian and/or Uzbek language skills would be an asset;
- Proven management and leadership skills;
- Knowledge of Central Asian region, economy, culture and customs would be an advantage.
General professional experience:
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the development of agriculture knowledge and innovation systems, with a particular focus on farm and/or agri-business advisory services in development and/or transition countries;
- Experienced adviser, trainer and mentor in the development of integrated AKIS structures and systems and client focused advisory services.
Specific professional experience:
- Experience in the public or private sector or in donor funded projects in at least 1, and preferably more, in the area of management and implementation of AKIS and/or advisory services.
- Specific experience in at least 1 project which focused upon on setting up/strengthening AKIS/ advisor service systems involving certification and accreditation of providers of advisory services and improvement of training programmes to support adviser networks;
- Experience of management of local expert teams and short-term expertise;
- Experience in establishment and/or development of producer groups and/or cooperatives (and related support services) would be an asset;
- Practical experience of working in the former CIS and/or other relevant transition countries in similar projects.