The Mobile Financial Services Consultant (“Consultant”) will support the Management and Board of a Partner Payment Service Provider (PPSP) of Sakchyam in realisation of the long-term and short-term strategy to position the PPSP as the leading MFS provider in Nepal.
- Review organisation structure, available skills set, products, processes and services being offered and suggest improvement plan and action items;
- Review technology/ platform and provide business rationale to improve the technology being used;
- Review data security aspects and suggest any necessary changes to comply with PSD2, GDPR and best practice in fraud control in a practical way for the developing countries;
- Review present regulatory framework for MFS and suggest any necessary changes to create the enabling environment based on different countries’ experiences;
- Review financial and business growth targets such as; top line / bottom line, market share, etc. are appropriately projected and planned; suggest improvements
- Assess principal risks of the Company and advise whether these risks are being monitored and managed appropriately;
- Assess whether effective internal controls and management information systems are in place;
- Identify and suggest specific measures based on above (a to g) reviews and assessments and design a workplan to achieve them;
- Provide support to the CEO of the PPSP to implement the workplan.
Knowledge / Qualifications / Skills
- Extensive knowledge of Mobile Financial Services, especially ‘Third-Party Led Model’, in use across various developing countries;
- Over 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the leadership role for MFS Company and/or financial service sector/alternative delivery channel company;
- Experience of planning and execution of MFS business models in similar markets;
- A good understanding of evolving financial literacy campaigns designed around alternate delivery channels;
- Basic understanding of Nepal’s geography, demography and economic outlook. Good understanding of the regulatory environment. Familiar with key industry players and their SWOT positions;
- Strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills;
- Analytical and creative team worker;
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree in business /management studies/ICT;
About the Organization
The Louis Berger Group, Inc. is an internationally recognized consulting firm that provides engineering, architecture, program and construction management, environmental planning and science, and economic development services. We are a devoted and trusted partner to federal, state, and local government agencies; multilateral institutions; and commercial industry. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging problems. Integrated Development (ID), a division within Louis Berger, offers a multi-disciplinary approach to international development.