The Application Support Specialist will assist the ICT Team in service delivery with a particular focus on providing ICT support for Corporate Applications used by SPC, which may include but not limited to Navision, SharePoint Online, PayGlobal, Cornerstone, SQL and similar applications. The successful candidate will also be required to assist the Application Developer when performing User Testing during the upgrade of existing applications including the rollout of new applications.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Application Support at Level 2 or Higher
- Systems Support and Administration
- Maintaining and Updating Technical Documentation
- End User – Software & Hardware Support
- Manage Remote Site Support
For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please refer to the job description provided.
Key selection criteria
- Degree in information technology from a recognised institution
Knowledge and experience
- At least 3-4 years relevant experience in application support
- Experience in PowerShell scripting for Windows Server 2008R2 or later
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Project, Project Online, Project Server and SharePoint Online
- Experience in developing Microsoft Power Apps, Flow, Power BI and SQL
- Ability to providing ICT application support to users in a customer focused environment
- Experience in technical documentation
- Able to work as part of a team and assist team members’ contributions
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written), with a working knowledge of French being an advantage
Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Ability to work in a multicultural, inclusive and equitable environment
Salary, terms and conditions
Contract Duration – Until 31 January 2023
Remuneration – The Application Support Specialist is a Band 8 position in SPC’s 2020 salary scale, with a starting salary range of 1,994‒2,493 SDR (special drawing rights) per month, which currently converts to approximately FJD 5,943–7,428 (USD 2,752–3,440; EUR 2,453–3,066). An offer of appointment for an initial contract will normally be made in the lower half of this range, with due consideration given to experience and qualifications. Progression within the salary scale will be based on annual performance reviews. Remuneration of expatriate SPC staff members is not subject to income tax in Fiji; Fiji nationals employed by SPC in Fiji will be subject to income tax.
Benefits for international employees based in Fiji – SPC provides a housing allowance of FJD 1,230–2,750 per month. Establishment and relocation grant, removal expenses, airfares, home leave, medical and life insurance and education allowances are available for eligible employees and their recognised dependents. Employees are entitled to 25 days of annual leave and 30 days of sick leave per annum, and access to SPC’s Provident Fund (contributing 8% of salary, to which SPC adds a matching contribution).
Languages – SPC’s working languages are English and French.
Equal opportunity – SPC is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment is based entirely on merit; in cases where two short-listed candidates are judged to be of equal rank by the selection committee, preference will be given to Pacific Island nationals.
Child protection – SPC is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. SPC’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Police clearance – Successful candidates will be required to provide a police clearance certificate.
Closing Date: 20th February 2020 – 11:45pm Fiji time
Applicants must apply online at http://careers.spc.int/
Hard copies of applications will not be accepted.
For your application to be considered, you must provide us with:
- an updated resume
- contact details for three professional referees
- a cover letter detailing your skills, experience and interest in this position
- responses to all screening questions
Please ensure your documents are in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
Applicants should not attach copies of qualifications or letters of reference. These documents may be requested at a later stage.
For international staff in Fiji, only one foreign national per family can be employed with an entity operating in Fiji at any one given time. The Pacific Community does not support dual spouse employment.
Please ensure that you respond to all the screening questions. If you do not respond to the screening questions, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed at shortlisting stage.
- Please describe how you have used Help Desk Systems (for example Service Now) to support your work in providing Application Support?
- The Application support role involves the use of various forms of communication and the use of various ICT tools. Identify qualities and skills of an ideal application support role and the reasons why those qualities and skills are required?
- Describe your level of experience in a similar application support role and how you keep yourself abreast with the latest development tools and systems?
About the Organization
The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 26 country and territory members. In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our organisation works across more than 20 sectors. We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture.
The Operations and Management Directorate (OMD) provides corporate services to all SPC divisions and programmes. It consists of three key teams: Finance, Human Resources and Information Services. OMD is focused on improving the effectiveness of systems, policies and management so as to provide high-quality customer-oriented services.