The Area Manager will provide leadership, management and program oversight for Global Communities operations in Aden. As the head of office in Aden, the Area Manager will ensure excellence in program and management quality. The Area Manager reports to the Country Director, and supervises/coordinates closely and frequently with the Program Manager, the Head of Operations (Logistics and Procurement), the HR Manager, and the Senior Finance Officer, all based in the Aden office. In addition, the Area Manager will ensure active participation in all coordination forums in Aden, and will maintain strong communication/collaboration with the local government, NGOs, UN Agencies, Donors, and any other stakeholders as relevant. The Area Manager will also support program growth opportunities, as relevant, coordinating closely with the Country Director and the Program Manager.
This position is based in Global Communities’ office in Aden, Yemen. This is an unaccompanied post.
* Provide overall leadership and management of the Aden office and oversee day-to-day implementation of Global Communities humanitarian programming.
* Ensure strong communication and collaboration between the Procurement, Finance, Human Resources, and Program teams.
* Collaborate with the Senior Finance Officer, based in Aden, and Director of Finance and Administration, based in Sana’a, to track program and operations budget and expenditures, ensuring that program is being implemented on-budget.
* Develop and continuously review work-plan and deliverable targets with program , operations, and finance team.
* Review and/or support the drafting of bi-weekly/monthly/quarterly program reports, and success stories as required.
* Represent Global Communities at relevant cluster/sector, UN and INGOs forum, working group meetings, as appropriate.
* In collaboration with the program and operations team in Sana’a, support and strengthen country office procedures and policies for effective program implementation.
* Proactively manage the security of all Global Communities-Aden staff, updating the Country Director on incidents and trends, and consulting external stakeholders to propose adjustments to standard operating procedures and security posture as needed.
* Directly supervise a team of approximately 10 staff.
* Collaborate with the Country Director and the Humanitarian Assistance Department at HQ on the development and improvement of the ongoing Global Communities humanitarian/early recovery strategy in Yemen.
* Ensure program quality and accountability with support of M&E Manager and team.
* All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Proficient in USAID/OFDA and FFP rules and regulations.
* Willingness and ability to travel to and work in high threat environments.
* Strong staff and program management skills with proven experience in humanitarian negotiation.
* Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills negotiating and working with foreign experts, managers, government and non-government officials, local staff, and target populations.
* Fluency in English, working knowledge of Arabic highly desirable.
* A master’s degree in a related field plus 5 - 8 years of experience or a bachelor’s degree with 8 - 10 years of experience.
* Must have a minimum of 5 years of international development experience, at least 3-4 of which are specifically focused on program and/or operations management in an emergency conflict, post-conflict, or post-disaster settings.
* A minimum of 3 years prior supervisory and human resource management experience.
* Prior experience managing humanitarian response and recovery programs in conflict and fragile environments.
* Experience of developing and implementing Humanitarian and Development programs in WASH, Food Security and Agriculture, Economic Recovery and Market Systems and rapid humanitarian response.
* Prior experience working on USAID/OFDA-funded programs.
* Experience working with local national staff and building local capacity, as well as remote management.
* Prior experience in Yemen required.
An applicant or employee may request a reasonable accommodation at any time. Global Communities will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Essential functions are typically performed in an office setting with a low level of noise.