Job Title/Grade: Assistant (Grade 4)
Department: Delivery Asia
Reports to: Associate Project Manager, Regional Finance and Operations (RFOM)
Date: February 28, 2020
Function of the Position:
This position supports the Asia Delivery sector to coordinate financial, logistical and operational functions for the Asia Region. The incumbent provides administrative support to the region in general and possibly one or more projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Sector Coordination
Under the guidance of Regional Vice President (RVP) and Associate Project Manager, Regional Finance and Operations Manager (RFOM) provides general operational and logistical support to the Asia Region on sector and project related logistical and administrative tasks, including new business opportunities.
2. Contract Management
Submits requisitions for requesting purchases for goods and services and drafts routine contractual documents using approved templates. Assists with project recruitment and mobilization for Long Term (LTTA) and Short Term Technical Assistant (STTA) positions and coordinates the processing of payments. Drafts routine contractual documents using approved templates.
3. Financial Management
Responsible for processing sector and project financial transactions, including:
- Auditing sector and project iExpense reports.
- Processing Independent Consultant invoices and supplier/vendor invoices for review or approval per the Schedule of Authorities.
- Assisting with following up with outstanding invoices and closed project finances.
4. Project Management
Provides backstopping support to projects in an Assistant capacity and helps with day to day project operations. Under the guidance of the RFOM, assist with ad hoc tasks as requested by from Project Delivery Teams for projects on a surge capacity.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned depending on evolving company needs.
- Grade 4: Minimum one year administrative or relevant experience and BS/BA degree
- Understanding of/interest in the international development field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel to countries within the region’s portfolio, including Pakistan
Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Interest in the Asia region
Supervisory Requirements: None
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development companywith corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Belgium, and Nigeria, and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Named one of the world’s top 40 international development innovators, DAI has delivered transformational development results in more than 150 countries for clients including development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.