Why Join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for over 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth is seeking a highly motivated and driven Associate Data Scientist to join our Digital Health team. The Associate Data Scientist is a skilled data analyst adept at uniting diverse data sets and extracting information that can drive program implementation, business development, and expand IntraHealth’s research agenda quantifying the value of investments in health workforce development and human resources for health (HRH).
The location of this role is U.S. based ( our Chapel Hill, NC headquarters is preferred)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Assists the Senior Data Scientist to build and maintain the new Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
- Builds and maintains databases in a standardized format
- Creates and maintains a mapping of facilities and data elements to ensure data quality
- Maintains the code base for the database including writing DAX formulas, transforming data in Power Query, and data modeling in Power BI
- Responds to requests from the Center for Program Delivery & Learning (CPDL) to add variables to the database for analysis for continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities and other topics, as needed
- Ensures that data is uploaded per reporting schedule and ready for analysis by the M&L Technical Advisors, CPDL, and field teams.
- Provides technical support to field teams on data management questions
- Works with Senior Data Scientist and M&L Technical Advisor(s) to generate reports for topic areas as needed to include HIV, FP, MNCH, and HRH
- Performs analysis for performance management including working with IT/Finance to set up reporting systems
- Assists the Health Workforce Development team with data analytic needs
- Assists business development with GIS analytics and analysis of existing data sources to provide business insights
- Responds to data analytics requests to support health data analytics and supports the design and development of data products
Training & Support: Data Products
- Works with the organization to ensure a timely and smooth rollout of the performance management and enterprise data warehouse system
- Works with data consumers to scope data products and ensures smooth implementation
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s and 5+ years of experience working in roles that require statistics, data management, and data science
- Master’s degree in biostatistics or data science related to public health and 3+ years working in roles that require statistics, data management, and data science
- Statistical analysis and research design including but not limited to: RCTs, quasi-experiments, cost-effectiveness analysis, time series analysis, data mining, and geospatial analytics.
- Strong knowledge of programming in the most commonly used data science languages (R or Python, DAX, SQL), data modeling tools (Power BI, Power Query), and version control systems(Git).
- Detail-oriented data analyst.
- The ability to distil complex analytical findings into simple, understandable, and effective messages.
- Experience working with LMIC data systems (DHIS2, DATIM, HIBRID, TraiNet, DHS) during previous work experience
- Experience with business development
- Position involves 10-15% of both local and international travel.
- Position is based in an office and involves sitting for most of the day.
- Position requires lifting up to 10 lbs occasionally.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
About the OrganizationDedicated to strengthening health workers and the systems that support them, IntraHealth International has served the public health needs of developing countries for 30 years. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power of partnership, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker. To help close the gap in access to health care we have developed and share a depth of expertise in:
•Health workforce and systems strengthening
•Health worker training and performance
•Maternal, newborn and child health
•Family planning and reproductive health
•HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis prevention, treatment and care
•Malaria prevention and treatment
Founded in 1979 as the Intrah program at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, IntraHealth incorporated as an independent nonprofit organization in 2003. We have worked in more than 75 countries throughout our history, and currently have programs in over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Eurasia. Our work is funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, Pfizer, Inc., the Tides Foundation, and by individual contributors.
IntraHealth’s main office is in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. We also have offices in Washington, DC, Armenia, Ethiopia, Guatemala, India, Kenya, Lesotho, Mali, Namibia, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Southern Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
More Jobs from this Organization