YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY …
driving the vision, strategy, and operations for all External Relations fundraising systems. The key goals for this role are to understand business objectives, develop and execute plans for system acquisition/enhancement and deployment; drive the development of policies and procedures; maintain data integrity; design and deliver effective user training programs; and actively manage software/service provider relationships.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Partnering with the Director and other Associate Directors to understand the overall fundraising strategy and aligning technology solutions with those business strategies.
- Overseeing reporting and analysis of External Relations fundraising revenue, ensuring that it is timely, accurate and easily presented to Senior Management Team.
- Leading data gathering and analysis efforts to evaluate business needs and establish short- to long-term plans for addressing those needs through existing or new technology solutions.
- Monitoring performance metrics and developing remediation plans as needed.
- Establishing a technology vision for the External Relations department, in consultation with Information Technology.
- Providing leadership on the design, development, and deployment of fundraising systems.
- Managing all software providers and other external service providers engaged in response processing and fulfillment, data management, etc.
- Developing and maintaining Policies and Procedures for External Relations that guide staff on the proper usage of the department’s fundraising systems.
- Identifying fundraising system training needs – both initial and ongoing – for External Relations staff, as well as staff in other departments.
- Working with fundraisers and other operational resources to define critical, constituent data elements that should be monitored for quality.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 year’s experience in information systems implementation and 5 years at a nonprofit working with fundraising systems, both traditional CRMs and as well as digital platforms.
- Knowledge of CRMs like The Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce as well as digital platforms like Fundraise, MailChimp, and Marketing Cloud are valued and a plus.
You are excited by the possibility to learn about Action Against Hunger business objectives, developing and executing a plan to enhance the organization fundraising systems.
- You have previously managed fundraising operations within a nonprofit.
- You are motivated to work within the humanitarian sector specifically for Action Against Hunger cause.
- You are a good team player and an effective leader.
You appreciate the value of an integrated, cohesive team approach.
- You are a great listener and communicator, able to engage with different personalities and situations.
- You set meaningful objectives and define milestones or measures of success holding your team accountable for the results.
About the Organization
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in more than 50 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages programs in 7 countries: Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, and Haiti. Action Against Hunger-USA implements more than $70 million in programs annually, and approximately 1,500 permanent employees based in New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi, and country offices. Additional growth is anticipated.