Job Title/Grade: Associate I/II, Global (5-6)
Department: Delivery, Global
Reports to: Project Manager
Date: June 4, 2019
Function of the Position:
The Associate I/II provides direct administrative and operational support to a portfolio of projects within the Project Delivery Team. Areas of responsibility include coordination of contractual, financial, and general project support tasks as summarized below. The Associate reports directly to the Project Manager.
This role is currently anticipated to support projects in the LAC region
Roles and Responsibilities:
The percentages below are notional and may change depending on evolving business needs.
Financial Management (30%)
- Responsible for ensuring processing and review of project financial transactions and monthly project invoices.
- Creates and/or maintains project budget tool and coordinates data entry from field and home office into project contract budget in advance of modifications. During realignments, identifies and trouble-shoots issues.
- Assists home office and field team with quarterly corporate budget forecast review and approval process.
Implementation Quality and Client Satisfaction (30%)
- Acts as a liaison to the field for day-to-day problem solving and support. Independently trouble-shoots common problems and escalates more complex issues to the Manager and follows up until resolved.
- Coordinates the administrative activities of the project including start-up, recruitment, mobilizing and demobilizing staff, maintaining project files, requesting purchases for goods and services, ensuring submission of project deliverables and close-down.
- Initiates requests for approvals and coordinates submissions of contracts for Independent Consulting Agreements, subcontract modifications and procurement actions such as purchase orders to DAI’s contracts department. Identifies and synthesizes potential issues and present possible solutions to Contracts Administrator and project team.
New Business (25%)
- Contributes to the Global region’s targets for gross profit won in successful proposals.
- Works on at least two proposal teams as a proposal coordinator, pricer, member of recon, or research and writing as appropriate.
Collaborate and learning (15%)
- Provides support as needed and collaborates with colleagues by providing short-term coverage for traveling Associates.
- Assists the Project Manager with technical tasks as appropriate (SOW drafts, editing reports, etc.).
- Along with the Project Manager, connects field projects with the relevant technical sectors in Solutions, including facilitating participation of Solutions’ staff in QPRs and other opportunities for knowledge sharing.
- Participates in technical sector activities, including meetings, presentations (brown bags), and events.
- Grade 5: Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree; or a master’s degree.
- Grade 6: Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree; or 1 year of relevant professional experience and a master’s degree.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional fluency in English and Spanish, written and spoken
- Must be able to travel on assignments to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global security has deemed travel unsafe (minimum one short-term assignment per year).
- Working proficiency in an additional language
- Experience in international development
- Some field experience
- Business development and/or recruitment experience.
- Additional desired competencies/skills: problem solving, ability to work independently, analytical skills, organizational skills, and effective interpersonal skills.
Supervisory Requirements: None
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development companywith corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Belgium, and Nigeria, and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Named one of the world’s top 40 international development innovators, DAI has delivered transformational development results in more than 150 countries for clients including development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.