Requisition ID: req1978
Job Title: Associate, Institutional Philanthropy & Partnerships
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
Job Overview / Summary:
The Associate for the Institutional Philanthropy & Partnerships team (IPP), is an essential member of the IPP team, responsible for the high-level administrative and operational support necessary for the successful functioning of the entire unit.
Primary responsibilities of the Associate fall into three categories: Administration, Events Management, and Knowledge Management. As the Associate progresses in the role, there will be increased exposure to communications with IPP partners and opportunities to assist in account management
This role offers wide exposure into the ins and outs of working at an INGO and presents a dynamic growth opportunity for someone eager to advance to front-line development and fundraising work.
* Provide administrative and workflow management support to IPP leadership including, but not limited to: scheduling meetings with high-level donors and board members, as well as internal meetings; preparing agendas; reserving rooms and setting up presentation materials; coordinating catering; leading on logistics and travel arrangements; assisting with mailings; coordinating IT support; processing and tracking expenses against IPP budget.
* Coordinate the planning and execution of weekly IPP team meetings and ad-hoc meetings and presentations, often acting as the point of contact between the IPP team and IRC colleagues across Programs and Technical Units.
* Serve as primary liaison with IRC operational departments, including Development Operations, Finance, IT, HR, and Facilities.
* Manage the donor gift acknowledgement process.
* Help set up and onboard new IPP team members.
* Take on special projects as assigned.
* Serve as IPP liaison for all events-related strategy and activities, including managing the intra/inter-team coordination for IRC’s annual Rescue Dinner fundraiser and local IRC young professionals events.
* Assemble and manage list pulls to communicate with IPP donors and partners on upcoming events.
* Provide organization and management oversight for IPP knowledge management databases and platforms including Salesforce and Box.
* Serve as liaison to Development Operations team, supporting the use and effectiveness of IPP data and helping to optimize IPP’s use of Salesforce.
* Collect, catalogue, and disseminate new and important resources to the IPP team including emergency reports, country reports, presentations, concept notes and proposals, training materials, operational guides.
* Compile or create customized materials and prepare donor packets for meetings. Assist in the adaptation or production of fresh cultivation pieces.
* Establish and update cheat sheets and systems guides for team-wide use.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Account Manager, IPP
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts (describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives):
Internal: All IRC HQ-based departments.
External: IRC donors and prospects, outside vendors/consultants.
Impact of work: Contributes to the IRC’s ability to effectively and efficiently acquire, retain, and upgrade Corporate and Foundation donors by directly supporting the Director of IPP and the entire IPP Team in their cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts.
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum: Previous administrative work (or internship) experience in a dynamic office setting.
* Experience working in a non-profit development department.
* Strong interest in a career in business development and fundraising.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
* Solid Microsoft Office and database management skills, comfort with Powerpoint;
* Proven organizational and time management skills: the ability to work accurately and productively in a fast-paced environment and respond/adapt to shifting priorities;
* Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills: the ability to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external contacts;
* Strong listening skills and the ability to accurately follow directions;
* Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to deadlines;
* The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as take initiative independently;
* Commitment to respect and maintain confidentiality of donor information.
* Experience with Outlook and Salesforce, or other donor database management system
Licenses or Certifications: Driver’s License.
Language Skills: English (fluent)
Working Environment (Optional): Standard work environment. This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.