MCDI is seeking a full time Associate Operations and Compliance Manager (AOCM) to provide support to the Operations Department and the Director of Operations (DO). The AOCM will assist in a variety of areas for MCD’s domestic and international operations: (1) contracts management; (2) human resources administration; (3) logistics, (4) procurement and supplies management, (5) financial and administrative management in MCD’s overseas offices, (6) capacity building and professional development, and (7) knowledge management and innovation technology management. In each of these functional areas, the AOCM will provide assistance to the officers charged with these functional responsibilities, ensuring that these functions are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that is above-all facilitative of the field office operations.
Essential Job Functions
1. With the DO and the program managers, assist in preparing sub-contracts with partner organizations as required.
2. Ensure that all sub-contracts with partner organizations are current and signed, ensuring that amendments or no-cost extensions are issued for continuation on a year-to-year basis as required.
3. With the assistance of the program managers, track performance against contract deliverables to ensure compliance.
4. With the assistance of the Finance Department, track expenditures against partner sub-contracts to ensure that they are on track and do not exceed budgeted amounts without prior authorization.
Human Resources Management
1. Provide support to human resources management functions, especially at the country office level
2. Assist in staff recruitment as necessary, which may include screening applicants through a review of CVs and initial telephone interviews, substantive interviews conducted jointly with the HR department and the hiring managers, administering and evaluating competency tests, etc.
3. Assist in processing staff contracts, especially for overseas staff.
4. Assist the DO in preparing the annual staff performance evaluations.
5. Assist the program managers and country-offices in monitoring compliance with HR policies and procedures.
6. Provide support to the country offices regarding relations with host governments and labor relations
1. Assist the DO in creating the annual work plan for the Operations Department, including IT Services and assist the DO in quarterly work plan tracking.
2. Participate in weekly activity/task review meetings for Operations staff focused on action items that require coordination or decisions from the DO or team members.
3. Update and coordinate with the DO on any change in activity/task priorities or deliverables necessitated by exigent circumstances. Update and coordinate with the DO on any activities/tasks that staff have sought follow-up or action on.
4. Provide direct technical and operational support to the country offices for administration and finance functions.
Procurement and Supplies Management
1. Oversee and supervise the work of the Junior Procurement Officer and the country offices to ensure that procurement is carried out in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner.
2. Assist the Junior Procurement Officer in ensuring that the Procurement Supply Plans for MCD and its individual projects are updated each quarter with input from country office staffs and the home office as appropriate.
3. Assist the Junior Procurement Officer in ensuring that Procurement Tracking is completed in a timely, accurate and complete manner and that Procurement Tracking Reports are updated at least weekly.
4. With the assistance of the Junior Procurement Officer and Finance Department track all accounts payable and ensure that these are accounted for in expenditure pipeline analyses.
Financial and administrative management
1. In coordination with the Finance Department, support monitoring and review of in-country financial management.
2. Assist the Finance Department in reviewing and updating in-country financial management procedures on a regular basis.
3. Assist the Finance Department in preparing for project or country level audits.
4. Assist the Finance Department in conducting internal program financial reviews and audits.
1. Assist the DO as required in developing curricula and training materials for both domestic and overseas staff in the area of administration.
2. As required, conduct training of overseas staff (either in person or through virtual trainings) in the area of administration and financial management.
Knowledge Management and Innovation Technology management
1. Assist the DO as required in developing and supporting the innovation technology management group for technical management of program activities
2. Assist the program managers and country offices s required in knowledge management activities (i.e. review of research, proposals, program reports, etc.)
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing other activities / duties, as determined and agreed to by/with the Director of Operations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, international relations, or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing the operations aspects of an international non- profit. Experience working with developing countries preferred.
· Experience in donor funded technical, financial, and procurement regulations
· Experience in budget development and monitoring and financial reporting
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Prior supervisory experience required
· Solid analytical and organizational skills
· Proficient in the use Microsoft Office tools
· Fluent in English. French or Spanish language is a plus
· Able to travel internationally approximately 10% of the time
Position: Associate level
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland