The Associate, Project Delivery, is a valued member of the team completing a variety of substantive and administrative tasks that are critical to high-quality project management. Initially focused on learning the basics of project management, this role works closely with the Manager, Project Delivery to be trained in these duties and best practices in project delivery. Over time, the associate should apply that learning to complete tasks independently and build competencies and skills in preparation to take on manager-level roles in project delivery or other functional areas of Palladium’s business.
- Support project start-up and closeout;
- Serve as a liaison between the project and the Project Excellence & Compliance Hub;
- Contribute to the preparation and maintenance of project specific components of the project management manual;
- Learn and contribute to training of project staff on company policies, SOPs and Guidelines and client rules and regulations (covering for example: security, occupational health and safety, risk management, planning, human resource management, monitoring, reporting, finance, procurement, logistics, IT, communications, audit support and all other such implementation matters);
- Participate in the development, review, and tracking of progress against project work plans;
- Support the development and presentation of internal and external reporting, (quarterly Internal Project Reviews (IPRs), project risk assessments, annual reviews, and client deliverables) and ensure these outputs are fit for purpose;
- Ensure project issues and risks are logged, monitored, and updated in the issues and risk portal (aka register) and escalate risks and issues to corporate/project leadership, as required;
- Learn to review procurements, budgets, reports, and other documents to ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures; may conduct spot checks on processes and internal controls including reviewing asset management procedures and updated asset registers for each project, as assigned;
- Support development of project subcontractor and grants management procedures compliant with both internal policies and procedures, and client rules and regulations;
- Assist with internal PMU administration, including drafting weekly meeting agendas, tracking tasks, maintaining calendars and deadline reminders;
- Work towards anticipating project needs and providing compliant, flexible recommendations on processes, or assigned responsibilities, such as suggesting adequate timelines for reviews and coordination between HQ and field offices, proactively handling PMU administrative tasks, etc.;
- Contribute to technical assistance through reviews, engaging in work planning and discussions with the field team, etc. to build skills with the goal of taking on a more senior role, such as manager, project delivery or a functional area.
Contract and Client Relationship Management
- Support the monitoring and maintenance of compliance with head/prime contracts;
- Manage and supports contract amendments as required;
- Provide inputs and support to other PMU members on any client communication or reporting needs;
- Support project advocacy with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support establishing project account codes, ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet client’s and project’s requirements for cost allocation, monitoring and evaluation, and client reporting;
- May work with Treasury to assist with project bank accounts set-up including getting any appropriate company or project signatories;
- Support ensuring the project financial calendar is adhered to;
- Support monitoring expenditure against budgets and forecasts, including staff costs, operating expenses and procurements; reconciles & reports on all advances monthly;
- Assist with project financial and cash-flow planning, processes monthly Funds Transfer Requests (FTRs) and payments for assigned projects;
- Review cashbooks / field vouchers and ensure supporting documentation is complete;
- Help coordinate service providers and processes work orders and invoices;
- Assist with internal financial reporting and tasks including accruals and reviewing client invoices.
- Support preparation of contract action requests (i.e., travel, personnel additions/changes, partner, grant, budget realignment, etc.);
- Support audit processes and ensures retention of project records is compliant with company policy.
Business Development / Other
The role reports to the Manager, Project Delivery. Reporting requirements include:
- Attendance at all regular management team meetings,
- Provision of regular updates to the line manager, including updates on Key Result Areas (KRAs) and any other material matters and/or areas of concern,
- Monthly submission of financials and forecasts, and contributions to Practice and corporate reporting;
- Other reporting as requested by the line manager.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Works with respect and dignity for all colleagues and contributes to a cooperative team working environment.
- Internship, customer service, or prior experience in any business setting is helpful.
- Basic understanding of management including organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports.
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to travel and work in developing countries for extended periods of time if needed.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team when required.
- Experience working on Federal Grants and Contracts
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in international languages.
- Familiarity with USAID and CDC Programs
- Experience in budgeting, and expense reporting
- Experience using project management and collaboration tools such as OneDrive, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Project