QED’s part-time (50%) Audio Visual (AV) Technician will provide AV services, including in-person and online event production and multimedia product development. The position will be dedicated to USAID’s Feed the Future Knowledge, Data, Learning and Training (KDLT) project. The project’s objective is to improve the emerging USAID Bureau for Resilience and Food Security’s (RFS) capacity for and quality of knowledge-sharing, data management and analysis, organizational learning, and training in support of adaptive management of Feed the Future in alignment with the Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS). Activities through KDLT will provide RFS, Feed the Future Missions, interagency partners, and implementing partners with concrete support and tools to capture, share, and access knowledge that helps to improve the effectiveness of Feed the Future programs, leading to strengthening resilience, improved nutrition and reduced poverty in Feed the Future target countries.
The AV Technician for KDLT will work closely with the Digital Communication team members and other KDLT staff to ensure optimal integration across the learning spectrum. This position will report to the Digital Communications Lead.
- Set up and operate various fixed audio-visual and multimedia systems in a variety of locations, including multiple-microphone discussions/seminars, teleconferencing, multimedia presentations, and online web events.
- Install and operate audio mixing consoles, audio distribution systems, sound reinforcement systems, digital and analog audio recorders, and digital video equipment.
- Conduct digital audio editing and preparation of files for Internet streaming, as well as online conference management and technical facilitation as needed.
- Produce a wide range of multi-media products including screencasts, audio recordings, video recordings, podcasts, and interactive online modules.
- Provide technical support for online-only events including webinars, conferences, webcasts, and meetings.
- Work with in-person and remote presenters to ensure optimal connectivity and troubleshoot any issues.
- Work with external vendors to integrate A/V equipment into existing public address (PA) systems for meetings and events.
- Assist with identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving A/V equipment and connectivity issues.
- Assist with maintaining a thorough inventory of A/V equipment and supplies, and monitoring the repair and replacement of non-working, damaged, and/or obsolete equipment.
- Work collaboratively with a project team to design creative solutions for event capture and production of post-event products.
- Train project staff as needed on the operation of A/V equipment.
- Contribute to the development of KDLT deliverables, including knowledge products and reporting requirements.
- Embrace KDLT core values of collaboration, quality, mutual respect, and results in all work and engagement.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.