Behavior Change Communications (BCC) Manager
LOCATION: Lilongwe, Malawi
Danya International is currently seeking candidates for a proposal to USAID Malawi to implement a three-year project to advance food security and nutrition and reduce rural poverty through an agriculture-led, integrated economic growth, nutrition and natural resource management strategy. The project entitled Integrating Nutrition in Value Chains (INVC) will build upon past successes and lessons learned in addressing the needs of the poor, while fostering a driver of economic growth – through value chain development and improved nutritional status – to pull the poor up the income ladder.
SUMMARY SCOPE OF WORK
The BCC Manager will lead the evidenced-based behavior change activities on the INVC project. This position will work with the INVC project team to identify key behaviors that could increase agricultural productivity, competitiveness, and general food security, as well as integrate nutrition and HIV prevention messaging. The position will develop communications interventions to change promote positive behaviors or change negative behaviors. The BCC Manager will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the theoretical design of the communications activities and the creativity and impact of the communications materials themselves. Finally, the position will work with the monitoring and evaluation team to ensure that the impact of the behavior change activities is measured and evaluated for constant learning and improvement.
- Provide strategic leadership and vision for INVC’s BCC intervention.
- Represent INVC before stakeholders and oversee the implementation of communications activities throughout Ethiopia.
- Establish and maintain a productive relationship with key stakeholders, including government officials, NGOs, and community groups for smooth implementation.
- Work collaboratively with INVC project staff and Danya regional staff to ensure proper financial projections, reporting, spending, and compliance with project terms and conditions.
- Ensure all BCC deliverables are met on time and of high quality.
- Promote and support the dissemination of best practices among the project teams.
- Contribute to timely, accurate, and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the donor, including progress reports and annual reports.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience or a equivalent combination of education and experience. Postgraduate-level training preferred
- A minimum of 6+ years of experience in designing and implementing BCC activities
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills
- Experience successfully executing BCC strategies
- Experience identifying and developing behavior change messages
- Experience developing high-impact BCC materials.
- Strong change management, results-oriented, and decision-making skills
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform
- Fluency in English and Chichewa
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
- A team player accustomed to building team capacity and developing communities of learning among project staff and other partners
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assistance to USG-funded BCC projects
- Experience developing successful, replicable, and sustainable activities
- Expertise in research to practice – identifying best practices and adapting them to program realities
- Understanding of USAID food security and health interventions, including FTF or GHI programming
Danya International is an equal opportunity employer!