Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: gender and women’s economic empowerment, finance and investment, enterprise development, youth, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for a Jordanian Behavior Change Leader for an anticipated USAID-funded women’s economic empowerment and leadership activity in Jordan. The project will improve women’s access to job opportunities and leadership positions, improve perceptions about working women and women leaders, and enhance the equitable and safe enabling working environment for women.
- Lead project component that seeks to address social norms and cultural perceptions that influence women’s access to and participation within Jordan’s workforce.
- Design and deliver training content that innovatively address shifting public attitudes and social norms related to enabling conditions needed to support female labor force participation.
- Oversee project activities designed to improve perceptions about working women and women leaders.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with advocacy groups, including community leaders, employment associations, and others.
- Manage team members and consultants dedicated to project component and related initiatives.
- Assist in developing the project’s work plan annually and ensure implementation schedule of relevant activities.
- Develop innovative approaches that challenge social norms and evoke dialogue around possible pathways for women and girls to succeed in the workforce.
- Work with community leaders, private sector, government entities, and women’s groups to support advocacy programs in support of women working in a diverse range of fields.
- Support donor reporting requirements, including writing sections of quarterly and annual program reports, implementing monitoring and evaluation, and other deliverables and requirements as specified in the project contract.
- Represent the project at meetings with donors and other key stakeholders. Make high-level presentations as required.
- Master’s degree in gender or another relevant international development field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in advocacy and behavior/social norms change specific to women’s economic empowerment and leadership, especially in Jordan.
- At least 5 years of experience managing a team.
- Prior experience on a USAID-funded project preferred.
- Experience designing and delivering training programs.
- Knowledge of constraints and opportunities to women entering the workforce in Jordan, particularly social and cultural norms.
- Demonstrated skills in fostering relationships with advocacy groups and other partners.
- Experience managing donor programmatic and monitoring and evaluation requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Citizen or permanent resident of Jordan.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/, and include a cover letter and resume in your application. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).