ARK is currently on a number of framework contracts in the UK, the US, and Australia and responds to multiple bids produce by these frameworks. We are now looking to recruit a Bid Manager who will help manage our existing framework business, as well as growing this further through successful application to a variety of new frameworks.
- Working with ARK’s Senior Management and Business Development Team, identify framework and related business development opportunities.
- Monitor framework call-down requests, expressions of interest and terms of reference for potential projects and keep up-to-date with all developments on frameworks and other market developments.
- Identify new framework opportunities for ARK and its sister companies.
- Once opportunities are identified, work with Head of BD to determine a winning response/programme design, in coordination with relevant colleagues and partners.
- Lead technical and financial response to all framework tenders, working in coordination with the wider BD and ARK Project Team, ensuring that submissions are created on time and to a very high standard.
- Ensure that appropriate internal and external review teams are in place and that all content is provided to them on time.
- Work with the Finance Team to prepare financial proposals for responses, and coordinate with the Senior Management Team to negotiate framework proposal budgets and fee rates with partner firms and consultants.
- Coordinate with ARK’s M&E Team to ensure examples of successful implementation and best practice are kept updated.
- Contribute to ARK’s pool of Subject Matter Experts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject.
- At least five years’ experience working on tender response and business development, taking on increasing levels of responsibility.
- Previous experience writing and leading donor-funded project tenders and proposals.
- Experience writing and leading tender responses for UK, EU or US frameworks.
- Previous experience of managing framework contracts.
- Experience or sound understanding of project design and project management.
- Strong interest in and good knowledge and understanding of international development and stabilisation programming.
- Excellent written English.
Abilities & Skills
- Ability to work rapidly and accurately to meet tight deadlines.
- Highly developed project planning, management, and organisational skills.
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to respond appropriately to sensitive situations.
- Co-operative and supportive team player.
- Willing to assist in the capacity building of others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivation and pro-active attitude.
- Commitment to ARK’s aims and values.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to HR@arkgroupdmcc.com with ‘Bid Manager’ on the subject line, explaining clearly why you are interested in this role and working for ARK, the skills and experiences you can bring to it, and how your experience meets the specification.
About the Organization
ARK is a research, conflict transformation and stabilisation consultancy that supports local communities in conflict and fragile areas. We believe that international stability, national security, community safety and individual empowerment are intrinsically linked.
As a team at ARK, we partner with local stakeholders to provide insight and develop programmes that are of immediate, tangible assistance to conflict-affected communities. Many of our staff are drawn from partner communities, hence ARK’s commitment to and understanding of conflict zones. ARK has ongoing programming in communities across the Middle East.