The Manager, Business Development will work across the full life cycle of business development including opportunity identification, capture, and bid management. S/he will have primary responsibility for delivery of compliant and high competitive submissions to a variety of donors. S/he will provide day-to-day guidance, leadership, and support to junior Business Development team members. The incumbent will also provide guidance on capture/proposal related challenges, subject matter expertise on industry best practices, and immediate oversight of proposal deliverables produced.
- Serves a Proposal Manager and leads QED’s proposal development and capture processes to meet the Company’s strategic objectives and annual new business goals
- Implements and maintains QED’s proposal processes, systems, tools, and contributes to best practices
- Facilitates go/no-go decisions and collaborates with technical lead to further develop inputs into p-win and go/no-go tools
- Ensures timeliness and compliance of proposals by managing bid schedules, compliance checklists, trackers, etc.
- Oversees collection and completion of all proposal components
- Serves as lead POC, facilitating inter-departmental collaboration to achieve proposal deliverables as related to the following:
- Talent Acquisition
- Cost and Pricing
- Maintains collaborative proposal workspace for all proposal documents
- Provides guidance to program units on various donors and foundation funding mechanisms, such as USAID IDIQ, LWA, BAA, grants, etc.
- Regularly tracks client pipeline to maintain abreast of donor trends and funding mechanisms
- Leads engagement with potential partners, prepares first draft of partner scopes of work, developing, disseminating, and tracking request for subcontractor technical inputs
- With Cost and Pricing, develops, disseminates, and tracks request for subcontractor cost inputs, liaises with pricing team to develop cost compliance materials, and collaborates with the Programs team to set sub-ceiling targets
- Drafts and disseminates institutional capabilities statements for review of programs team, responsible for providing content for the Past Performance Information section of all proposals
- Ensures communication among all parties throughout the proposal process; lead meetings and conference calls with expanded proposal teams, including Programs, Operations, consultants and partners ensuring adherence to proposal calendar deliverables
- Identifies bottlenecks in the process escalating accordingly to higher level, as necessary, to ensure timetable and deliverables remain on track
- Prepares and leads post-submission evaluation sessions to glean lessons learned including obtaining feedback from donors
- Initiates early development of cost share partnerships engaging with Programs to identify and engage with partners
- Develops and disseminates capture and proposal development tools to include but not limited to – partner matrix, personnel tracker, capture trips, SOW templates, etc.
- Potential domestic & international travel up to 10% as required by the position, and other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree and specialized training or certification in Proposal Management and/or equivalent experience is desired
- Minimum six to eight years of related experience preferred
- Substantive knowledge of USAID, FAR/AIDAR, DoD and public procurement environment as well as substantial knowledge of foreign assistance and other grant funding requirements is desired
- Strong time management and organizational skills; excellent English language writing and communication skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Excel, Word, and other relevant applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a sense of humor, and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Previous experience supervising staff and overseeing bid development
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. QED has a 20 years history of evidence based development, which includes more than $3.5 billion in programs evaluated and work in 96 countries around the globe. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world.