World Vision USA is a part of the larger World Vision International partnership, a development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Globally, we have over 37,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries. Just over 1000 of us call World Vision USA home.
The Job: World Vision is looking for a Business Development Manager to support our rapid growth in the health international development space. This position will support the US-based Business Development and World Vision National Offices overseas, to identify new opportunities among public, private and non-profit sources of funding. The position will:
- Position and manage all components of the proposal development process, ensuring a high quality and timely submission.
- Manage and or/support post submission and lessons learned processes. Utilize program design expertise to guide and lead quality program design (involving US and field based technical and finance colleagues) that builds on evidence-based approaches and is responsive to the guidelines and specification outlined by the donor.
- Engage in the Teams’ development of best practice and evidenced base approaches utilized in proposals.
- Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission and strategy. Candidates must be in agreement with and help to enhance World Vision’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
You’ll Bring These Skills:
- Demonstrated strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strategic planning and excellent time management skills
- Minimum 2 years working in international development with major donors and business development, preferably with USAID
- Two or more years of experience working on USAID proposal responses as a prime or sub-partner, including participating in capture efforts, writing relevant sections of proposals, and developing proposal budgets
- Willingness and availability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time
- Ability to travel internationally on short notice
Education and Experience: Master’s degree in health, public health, international development/relations, economics, or a related technical discipline strongly preferred; In addition to education or education equivalent, requires work experience in international relief and development. Experience must include a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience. Experience with USG solicitation is required; substantive relevant experience in proposal development for other multilateral or bilateral donors may be considered within the years of experience sought.
To Apply Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online. For more information on World Vision USA, please visit our website: www.worldvision.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.