DAI Global Health Limited is seeking a Business Development Manager to join our busy London-based team. This will be a full-time, permanent role. The position will be based in well-appointed offices in central London.
Function of the Position:
This is a professional position on the business development team embedded in DAI’s Global Health business unit in London. The Business Development Unit plays an integral part in developing proposals for economic, social, or political development projects in countries across the region. DAI Global Health’s main clients in Europe are the Department for International Development (DFID), the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), the European Commission (EC) and other UK government departments. Primary responsibilities (further explained below) are to work with the Health Practice Director to coordinate proposal development, conduct research and analysis on relevant issues (including through in-country fact-finding travel), and support budgeting, recruiting, and logistics for business development initiatives. This position is most appropriate for someone who likes a fast-paced work environment, teamwork, and developing diverse responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Pipeline Management: Supports Health Practice Director to develop and maintain a new business pipeline and develop network of consultants. Ensures customer relations management tool is up to date with accurate information, and opportunities are scanned and tracked.
- Proposal Development: According to the ebb and flow of new opportunities, engages in a portfolio of proposal development efforts. Coordinates the day-to-day activities of DAI staff preparing proposals for new projects. Serves as the information hub on proposal teams, liaising across DAI divisions and with partner companies. Troubleshoots common problems and proposes solutions, elevating complex problems to senior managers. Ensures adherence to assignments, schedules, and standard DAI operating procedures. Develops preliminary budgets for new projects. Moves from one assignment to another over time according to the ebb and flow of opportunities and the current portfolio of proposals under development.
- Information-Gathering: Conducts research and participates in “reconnaissance” trips to the region to prepare new proposals, recruit project staff, and market DAI to prospective clients and partner organizations. Supports planning and logistics for information-gathering and marketing trips. Organises and implements and ongoing market intelligence gathering system.
- Proposal Writing, Recruiting, and Budgeting: Drafts proposal sections, either with others or independently. Reviews and revises proposal text. Prepares initial budgets for proposed projects using standard spreadsheet programmes. Helps identify candidates to propose for project staff positions, documents candidate qualifications.
- Marketing and Outreach. Supports development and execution of an outreach and marketing plan - conferences, seminars, social media, and the popular press.
- Training/mentoring: Serves as a mentor and coach to new DAI staff introducing them to business development processes and activities; helps deliver training courses.
- Other Services: Provides other services, such as contributing to the development of DAI proposals for projects in other regions, or conducting research to support marketing initiatives.
- Bachelor’s and, preferably, Master’s degree in a relevant subject with several years of professional experience;
- Demonstrated understanding of and interest in international development;
- Experience in business development, marketing or sales;
- Strong teamwork skills and competitive instincts plus proven experience of working independently;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Rigorous attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing.
- A positive, pro-active attitude;
- Customer service orientation;
- Health sector experience or interest;
- Previous experience on economic growth and/or governance proposals or projects.
The salary offered for the Business Development Manager will be competitive, commensurate with experience.
DAI offers a generous benefits package including, after a qualifying period, company pension scheme, private health scheme, life assurance, income protection, gym membership and cycle to work schemes.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, we look forward to hearing from you.
About the Organization
DAI Global Health delivers holistic, tech-enabled solutions, strengthening health systems and building global health security to save lives and improve well-being worldwide. With over 20 years of health experience, our global health team and regional partners lead with technical expertise and local knowledge to deliver data-driven and tech-enabled solutions that respond to issues across the spectrum of care – from strengthening health security by tackling emerging pandemic threats to addressing critical health systems challenges such as workforce shortages. DAI is committed to developing effective, accessible, and affordable health care.